Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Received PBEC approval

Friends,

Received approval from PBEC unexpectedly on 9/28th. I had received 45 days letter back in Dec 2004.

This is a proof that PBEC is still approving cases on daily basis.

This forum has been great help and provided guidence to me. Wanted to thank you all for your good work.

Wishing you all good luck with your labor approval, I hope you all get approvals soon.

w8in4gc

I received CERTIFICATION today

VA state
EB3 RIR
Priority Dt May 15 2002
Moved to Philly Region Jan 14th 2004
Received 45 day letter from PBEC in Jan 2005
Certified by PBEC on 14 Sep 2005 (copy of the letter was sent to my laywer by PBEC was also sent to me by PBEC)

w8in4gc said:
Friends,

Received approval from PBEC unexpectedly on 9/28th. I had received 45 days letter back in Dec 2004.

This is a proof that PBEC is still approving cases on daily basis.

This forum has been great help and provided guidence to me. Wanted to thank you all for your good work.

Wishing you all good luck with your labor approval, I hope you all get approvals soon.

w8in4gc

This message is for Amrit99,

Congratulations!!

Is your case RIR or TR??
Can you please provide few digits fronm your case num???

Thanks in advance.

What is it?

I saw a link to this website on some forum. Somebody digging through DOL website found it:
http://www.pbls.doleta.gov/PBLSInt/

Does it mean that they are planning to come up with a system for seeing case status just like PERM? There is a similar site for PERM (http://www.plc.doleta.gov/).

I like the idea of making a Yahoo group in order to coordinate efforts for speeding up PBEC. Similar to TechWorkers, we can have teams in different states for sending letters to various Senators (periodically--). Also, we can coordinate other activities much better in such a group.

pmat

rirlaborCT said:
This message is for Amrit99,

Congratulations!!

Is your case RIR or TR??
Can you please provide few digits fronm your case num???

Thanks in advance.
===================
ETA Case Number: P-051**-*****
RIR/EB2
NY/April 2002
There are others in my workplace who have labor certification still pending from November 2001. I guess, we will all get through, some sooner, others a bit later.....

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine got his 45 day letter last week. His details -
EB3/TR/NJ State
PD: Mar 16, 2005.
ETA# P-05214-XXXXX

I-485 filing even PD's are not become current

Found this on murthy.com some what useful for filing i-485 even PD's are not current:

Chat User : How fast or slow do you think the priority dates will move for EB2? What are the potential regulations that can help us in the future (that we can look forward to)?

Attorney Murthy : It is difficult to say for sure. We will share all the predictions and updates that Mr. Oppenheim at the U.S. Department of State will share when summarizing the Visa Bulletin and explaining the future trends. There is a movement to possibly allow a person to file the I-485 even when the PDs are not current by amending the law in the future, which can be very helpful and, with AC21, will result in one having the freedom to change employers. But none of this is the law yet. Something may happen in the next year or two, if there is enough of a hue and cry by businesses and individuals who lobby their elected reps to make changes.

ciril99 said:
Found this on murthy.com some what useful for filing i-485 even PD's are not current:

Chat User : How fast or slow do you think the priority dates will move for EB2? What are the potential regulations that can help us in the future (that we can look forward to)?

Attorney Murthy : It is difficult to say for sure. We will share all the predictions and updates that Mr. Oppenheim at the U.S. Department of State will share when summarizing the Visa Bulletin and explaining the future trends. There is a movement to possibly allow a person to file the I-485 even when the PDs are not current by amending the law in the future, which can be very helpful and, with AC21, will result in one having the freedom to change employers. But none of this is the law yet. Something may happen in the next year or two, if there is enough of a hue and cry by businesses and individuals who lobby their elected reps to make changes.
how useful is that with NO labor approval from BEC :(

H1b Stamping 7th Year

I do know the following question does not pertain to this forum and also know that lot of people in this forum are effected by the same issue which I am facing, i.e going to India for a visit in seventh year while labour is pending in BEC.
Is there a way to ask US Government to start the visa stamping in US it self just like the St Louis center which we used to have previously?

Thanks for your time.

I am in a similar situation. I am into my seventh year of H1-B with an expired visa on my passport. Next time I travel to my home country, I will have to apply for a new visa. They are taking on average 4 months to issue visas now. My hope was that as soon as I get my labor approved (EB3 - July 2002) I will get a work permit and advance parole and would be able to travel. But due to this retrogression, it will be at least 7 years before I get my advance parole. This is the extent of absurdity this freakin' immigration system has reached. If the McCain-Kennedy bill does not pass with 290,000 immigrant visas then I will leave the country forever because living like a bounded laborer is not for me.

insh1bneb said:
I do know the following question does not pertain to this forum and also know that lot of people in this forum are effected by the same issue which I am facing, i.e going to India for a visit in seventh year while labour is pending in BEC.
Is there a way to ask US Government to start the visa stamping in US it self just like the St Louis center which we used to have previously?

Thanks for your time.

These are really good thoughts. I am not sure why employers also are not fighting for this. Probably delaying green card is good for them because h1b workers cannot leave.

How and when can start these actions? I am sure there will be thousands of people with us.

Thanks

dvp1961 said:
People like me whose children will reach 21 years of age. After 21 year of age, they will not be able to get greencard along with their parents - just because of they have reached twenty-one.

Eventhough, we pay state taxes, our children are not eligible for state tuition fees. We have to pay double or three to four time college tuition than the state residents have to pay.

This is very much unfair!

We need to fight or let us leave this country.

Friends,

My PD is Jan 3, 2002 and i have received 45 days notice letter back in Feb,2005 and have replied to that and waiting for my labor still.

Are there any one with same PD or similar PD, still waiting for labor approval?
I checked with my lawyer and no information yet from PBEC.

Please any one whose PD are in same row, let me know.

Thanks,
Ciril99

nobody know the answer !

what is your case number ?

I saw most approved case numbers are P042xx something ..
if you have P043 something , probably need to wait longer like me .

ciril99 said:
Friends,

My PD is Jan 3, 2002 and i have received 45 days notice letter back in Feb,2005 and have replied to that and waiting for my labor still.

Thanks,
Ciril99

PD = Oct/2001

ciril99 said:
Friends,

Thanks,
Ciril99

Hi Man, you are lucky. My case: PD = Oct/2001. EB2. RIR. 45 day letter received replied long long long time ago. No answer. You are the lucky guy.

rajvadde said:
These are really good thoughts. I am not sure why employers also are not fighting for this. Probably delaying green card is good for them because h1b workers cannot leave.

How and when can start these actions? I am sure there will be thousands of people with us.

Thanks
You are absolutely right.My son is going to turn 21 next month and now he has to go on a F1 visa.But just to let you know that I have to pay not 3-4 times but more than 10 times what he is paying now for him. :mad:

My case number = P042XXXX

chinglun said:
what is your case number ?

I saw most approved case numbers are P042xx something ..
if you have P043 something , probably need to wait longer like me .

My case number = P042XXXX. PD = Oct/2001. EB2. RIR. 45 day letter received & replied long long long time ago. Nothing is happening.

If not?

spicensour said:
You are absolutely right.My son is going to turn 21 next month and now he has to go on a F1 visa.But just to let you know that I have to pay not 3-4 times but more than 10 times what he is paying now for him. :mad:

If you are no paying that much, how come this county is called a rich country?

it is downright disgusting

smallriver said:
Hi Man, you are lucky. My case: PD = Oct/2001. EB2. RIR. 45 day letter received replied long long long time ago. No answer. You are the lucky guy.
Sorry to disappoint you but I think that the if you are in Phili BEC , you are really unlucky.My PD is august 2002 RIR and was moved from Ca.Now whereas the rest of the californians who were lucky enough to go to Dallas are currently processing May 2003 PD .I have to sit here cooling my heels with a PD of August 2002.
It is simply disgusting. :(

If you dont have greencard and your son (may in H4 visa) has to go school, is he eligible for any state sponspored scholorships ???

spicensour said: