Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Originally Posted by aprlc2002
My PD is 2002 and at with my Att there are several other cases pending including mine. When he sent a request asking the status since it is 90 days past on all the petitions after he answered 45 day letter, He got a reply back for one petition which was applied in Apr 2001 saying that it was certified. And received no response on any other Cases.

Kind regards

Thanks for sharing the info with us..
could you get more on this approved LC..
RiR or Non RIR --> RIR right?
which BEC approved? -- Phlly BEC right?
Is it transfferred from regional or State to BEC? ?
please answer..

mvinays said:
My answer differs from Krik's answer. I have personally heard this answer from Attorney Rajiv Khanna:

I remember him mentioning that his office has successfully obtained 7th / 8th year H-1B extensions for a person based on his/her spouse's LC pending for more than one year. Please schedule a telephone consultation with him if you want to hear this from him first hand.

Interesting..... I had actually queried the forums out here on this issue and i received an answer in the negative.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=865934#post865934

Also, on asking Mr. Google, i came up with a couple of sites where it was mentioned that getting a 7th year H1 extn for the spouse was not possible. Even my lawyer and my spouse's lawyer specified it was not possible to do that. Again, i am not doubing your word. I am positive you are saying something that you believe is the truth.

It will be nice to know what exactly is true in such a situation... just for the sake of knowledge :-}}

mvinays said:
My answer differs from Krik's answer. I have personally heard this answer from Attorney Rajiv Khanna:

I remember him mentioning that his office has successfully obtained 7th / 8th year H-1B extensions for a person based on his/her spouse's LC pending for more than one year. Please schedule a telephone consultation with him if you want to hear this from him first hand.
That is encouraging and thanks to everyone who responded to my post. I know it will cost but just clarifying can Mr.Rajiv Khanna's office simply say YES or NO with no cost to me. obviously if YES further process will cost which I can bear. I am just avoiding the cost of getting a plain simple answer.

BTW mvinays do you have a source from where you heard him saying that.
Regards,

san27geet said:
That is encouraging and thanks to everyone who responded to my post. I know it will cost but just clarifying can Mr.Rajiv Khanna's office simply say YES or NO with no cost to me. obviously if YES further process will cost which I can bear. I am just avoiding the cost of getting a plain simple answer.

Regards,

Mr. Rajiv Kahnna organized a free conference call for all the memnbers of this forum a few months back. About 100 members of immigrationportal forum logged on to the conference call. I was one of them. This was one of the questions somebody asked and I clearly remember the answer Mr. Rajiv Khanna gave. Hope this helps!

As per his web page, he charges $220 for a 15 minute phone consultation. Maybe he can give the Yes or No answer for free if you contact him (pre-hire consultation). You never know. He has done a lot of community service for suffering immigrants.

Official Way to track your case

Dear Friends,

do you know if there is an official channel to track the case at Philly BEC?

My LC was originally filed at SF DOL in June 2002.

Thank you!

san27geet said:
I am waiting for my labor approval since DEc 2002. I complete my six years on H1-B this November and then will apply for 7th year extension as my labor is pending for more than 1 year. My wife is on H1b and we both came US of A in Nov 1999. She was on H1b for only 1 year and since last month she is back on H1b back again. in between she was on h4. Since her tenure of 6 years on H visa is completed this november her exisitng h1-b cannot be extended. My question is that since my labor is pending for more than 1 year now does she have eligibility of her h1b also extended for 7th year.
Thanks in advance.

-------

You say that she was on H4 for some time..so she has not consumed her 6 years on H1..right? So why are you talking about extending here H1?

Also based on your 7th year extention you CANNOT extend her H1 - there is no doubt about that..but like all americans, dont hold me resopnsible for that statement!

Send an email to Rajiv Khanna

Hi,

On Immigration.com home page, you see a linke 'Email Rajiv S. Khanna'. Send an email to that address with your question, you will get a reply without any charge for that. I have done that two times and got a reply from him for free. He is really a good person. Hope this helps.

san27geet said:

Regards,

It doesn't matter that she was on h4 for some time. h4 and h1 time will be consolidated for this purpose as 6 year cap is for H* status.

gcmail said:
san27geet said:
I am waiting for my labor approval since DEc 2002. I complete my six years on H1-B this November and then will apply for 7th year extension as my labor is pending for more than 1 year. My wife is on H1b and we both came US of A in Nov 1999. She was on H1b for only 1 year and since last month she is back on H1b back again. in between she was on h4. Since her tenure of 6 years on H visa is completed this november her exisitng h1-b cannot be extended. My question is that since my labor is pending for more than 1 year now does she have eligibility of her h1b also extended for 7th year.
Thanks in advance.

-------

You say that she was on H4 for some time..so she has not consumed her 6 years on H1..right? So why are you talking about extending here H1?

Also based on your 7th year extention you CANNOT extend her H1 - there is no doubt about that..but like all americans, dont hold me resopnsible for that statement!

No use

allaboutgc said:
Frustration! Frustration! Frustration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just feel desperate with this endless delay.

Relax! Relax! Relax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's nothing we can do. So just relax and enjoy your life.

No Need to Worry!

zoar13 said:
I have'nt received my 45-Day Letter as yet. Should I be worried or not?

Thanks,

You no need to worry...
My case is same as yours
EB3/RIR
SWA: Kentucky PD:June 2003
Atlanta DOL RD:June 2003
45 day letter: not yet
Transfered to Philly BEC: I guess so

iam not worrying...Be happy bud

45 days letter?

It looks like BEC is not issuing 45 days letter. Has anyone received 45 days letter in April?

Thanks

gc_hunter2003 said:
You no need to worry...
My case is same as yours
EB3/RIR
SWA: Kentucky PD:June 2003
Atlanta DOL RD:June 2003
45 day letter: not yet
Transfered to Philly BEC: I guess so

iam not worrying...Be happy bud

MannyD said:
It doesn't matter that she was on h4 for some time. h4 and h1 time will be consolidated for this purpose as 6 year cap is for H* status.
Once again thanks for your reponses and giving the space to discuss on something that off topic of the related thread.
Anyways I already used the link to email Mr.Rajiv Khanna and the response was that in past there has been success in getting extension in a situation like mine. Though the email link is fine but the reply has not been more than 3 words....so its very brief but helpful. Anyways I amy further pursue this with him but before I need to be sure the efforts and money invested is not gone waste with some undesired results. Will keep you guys updated....I know many of us may have similar situations like me.

Best of luck & wishes for the unended continuous wait for labor process....hopefully will sail through this phase
Thanks and Regards