Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

MDwatch said:
According to our tracker, there were 87 cases with PD2001. Only 59 have been approved, leaving 28 cases.

Out of those 28, 20 are RIR.

Keep in mind that some people never give us updates regarding their cases so.....

I remember many active members whose PDs were in 2001 but I don't see them around anymore.

Waiting Since 2001

There may be several people from 2001 (I am one of them) that may be waiting for the Freaking Labor APPROVAL
I just stumbled on this forum and I have at least 3 or 4 people I know that are waiting for PBEC to clear their application
I am not sure if all 2001 cases are being worked on

I asked my employer to call the 202 number but one lady said that was not the correct number
She then transferred the call to someone else, but my employer left a message( don't know if he will receive a call back)
PA2001

Guys

i'm new to this forum and have found it very informative thanks to all the active members since i'm in the same boat and feel all your pain. below r my details and am not sure about my PD and would be grateful if someone can give me some input.

EB2\RIR\VA
Case# P051514#####
45 DAY LTR received 03\14\2006

shailesh_verma1 said:
Friends ,

My lawyer sent mail for the certified labour . Below are my details . Can someone please help me in this query i have .

I am on 7th year extension . My extension expires in Oct . If i file 140 and it doesnt get cleared in time for extension then on what basis i can file my extension . Since their is no pending labour scenario in my case. Do they give extension on cleared labour and I140 Pending.

Thanks and Regards
Shailesh Verma

EB3/RIR PD 12-02
CASE: -P-05143-XXXXX

PA2001 said:
There may be several people from 2001 (I am one of them) that may be waiting for the Freaking Labor APPROVAL
I just stumbled on this forum and I have at least 3 or 4 people I know that are waiting for PBEC to clear their application
I am not sure if all 2001 cases are being worked on

I asked my employer to call the 202 number but one lady said that was not the correct number
She then transferred the call to someone else, but my employer left a message( don't know if he will receive a call back)
PA2001

thanks for the feedback
have you added your case info to the tracker yet?

There are hundreds (if not thousands) of 2001 filers still waiting. PBEC has been very bizarre since its inception. WHy aren't they following FIFO is anybody's guess. Tomorrow is their last day of data entry (at least that is what they are claiming). Does this mean they will start working on cases on a faster pace starting Monday July 24? Will they follow FIFO? Only time will tell.

Hi there,
are you doing all these on your own? check with your lawyer. I haven't done this but i was told that you can extend your h1b on a pending 140 too. but one thing i know for sure is that you can do premium processing 140 and you get your 140 in 2weeks and then you can extend your h1b for 3years.
good luck

shailesh_verma1 said:
Friends ,

My lawyer sent mail for the certified labour . Below are my details . Can someone please help me in this query i have .

I am on 7th year extension . My extension expires in Oct . If i file 140 and it doesnt get cleared in time for extension then on what basis i can file my extension . Since their is no pending labour scenario in my case. Do they give extension on cleared labour and I140 Pending.

Thanks and Regards
Shailesh Verma

EB3/RIR PD 12-02
CASE: -P-05143-XXXXX

which state are you in?

WA8ING4GC said:
I requested my lawyer to ask PEBC for a screen shot this morning and she got reply back in 1 hour :) . Attached is the copy of the shot.

Can some one let me know if there is something in the shot which i should worry about and how far i am form the approval. :confused:

3-yr H1B Extension After I-140 Approval

We talk about 3-yr extensions after I-140 approval but does that also apply for those (=most) of us who are already in their 7th, 8th year extensions?

According to comments below, it doesn't sound that is the case:

"Q33 If I-140 is approved, 485 pending, still 3 yrs H1-B extension possible?
A33 Yes, if you have three years left fro original 6 years. If your 6 years are over and your 485 is filed, you can get only year to year extensions of H-1."

Am I missing something here?

Hi Laborious,

if you have 3 years left in your original 6 years there is no need to file for an extension right? Extension comes in to picture only after your complete 6 years in H1B. May be lawyer could explain better I guess.

>-------------------------------------------------------------------------

>We talk about 3-yr extensions after I-140 approval but does that also apply >for those (=most) of us who are already in their 7th, 8th year extensions?

>According to comments below, it doesn't sound that is the case:

>"Q33 If I-140 is approved, 485 pending, still 3 yrs H1-B extension possible?
>A33 Yes, if you have three years left fro original 6 years. If your 6 years are >over and your 485 is filed, you can get only year to year extensions of H-1."

>Am I missing something here?
>__________________
>VA SESA PD : 2/4/2003
>Philly DOL RD : 8/16/2004
>45-day Letter: 2/23/2005

Welcome free2be

First of all, WELCOME and we are glad that you are here. Next several days/week/months/lets hope not years, you will visit this page with gradual increase in frequency. You will see some post and feel pity for the guys, you will see some post and get pissed off, you will see some post and maybe think of changing religion because the GOD you believe now is not with you.

In the mean time you will have your HR/Lawyer call 202 number. You will hear that your case is assigned to an analyst or your case is in final review or your case is assigned to a specialyt for final reivew. Dont be surprised if you hear case is with James Bond 007 for super special reivew.

Maybe someday PBEC will start saying all cases from 2001 and 2002 are being sent to Disney land for Mickey mouse review.

Finally, we will see a post from you that says "My labor got certified".

Good luck.

free2be said:
Guys

i'm new to this forum and have found it very informative thanks to all the active members since i'm in the same boat and feel all your pain. below r my details and am not sure about my PD and would be grateful if someone can give me some input.

EB2\RIR\VA
Case# P051514#####
45 DAY LTR received 03\14\2006

Thank You

danaya said:
According to the CAPS manual, which was posted here before, rate of pay should be 95% of the prevailing wage.

Thank you danaya for the reply so for my case it seem to be no problem

Thank you

pardesh said:
I have received the screenshot and my prevailing wage is > salary.
Case Received date is the one when it was received by the Region.
I wouldn't worry. Things looks fine in your case.

Pardesh Thankyou for your inputs i really appriciate.

Thank You

cagcgc said:
How come your "Case Received Date" is same as "Priority Date"? What is the PD that you're aware of? As far as I know, the "Rate of Pay" is the pay you will receive after your LC approved. In all these years, attorney usually put it about 95% of the "Prevailing Wage" (at least) even it your current salary is not in that range.

In short, what you need to check now is the PD.
cagcgc Thank you for the information.
Question is not the received date the priorty date?? as far as i know this is that date when my lawyer applied for labor and 45 days latter also has that date as PD.

H1B Job Title Change

Hi all,

This isn't exactly the forum for my question, but its rather important, and so I ask one of the most active forums:

I recently got my H1B extended, but after that I got promoted ( a mere change in job title from Manager to Director, but absoutely NO change in job duties or responsibilities). Does this require an H1B amendement, even though I see that there has been no material change in employment or job duties?

If No, then would there be any problems when I get my visa renewed at the consulate?

Anybody have any experiences to share? Would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

On the BEC front: My PD is 08/2003, called the PBEC yeserday and they said Data review complete, and is waiting to be assigned to an Analyst. Don't know when that is going to happen !

P.G....5YEARS said:
I'm also waiting,my pd must be the oldest I have ever seen in here.

There are few going back to jan 2001. Hang in there guys. Hope nobody else has to go though this humiliating experience.

ragini_nj said:
Gurus,

Can anyone guess when my labor get approved? patiently waiting since 4 years(almost).

Ragini ..

you should be getting yours in a month max...meanwhile keep your 140 doc's ready..

there is no big rush, since we are EB3 and the dates r still stuck miles and miles away...!!

unless we are able to file 485 wthout PD being current and able to change employers we are stuck in a block of cement..!!

My employer already put a cross face to submit the 140 docs, he is thinking I am leaving in another 6 months(he has no clue about the GC mess ..EB2/EB3 PDates etc) I told him..dont worry,I will 'serve' you for another 3 yrs..

You have company

P.G....5YEARS said:
I'm also waiting,my pd must be the oldest I have ever seen in here.

P.G....5YEARS,
You are not alone. I am here too. April 2001. Everytime i visit the site i see that cases from 2004 are being cleared. So once PBEC is done with these cases they may come back to us. I think they are following LIFO method :rolleyes: .