Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

aribac1 said:
Guys, After about 4 1/2 years, labor is finally approved. Just got a letter at home from backlog center.
Details
PD: 25th Jan 2002
Got case closure letter sometime in Mar 05
Got reopen letter sometime in sep 05 (not sure)
Certified: Jun 15 2006
Thanks for everybody'd support, and for those whose PD's are in early 2002 and late 2001's..just hang on. It can be any day now.

Can you give me the state you filed from, and if it made it to regional, 45DL receipt date for the tracker ?

Thanks

-MDWatch

About Visa Bullition

SAKINA AND STRESSTESTINUSA PLEASE HELP

Can any body guess visa date for eb3 for non-retrogression countries . It was october 2001 in july visa bullition when it will hit 26th june 2002

I also sent letter through my attorney to PBEC but no response at all.

VA\RIR\EB3
PD - FEB, 2002
RD - AUG,2003
45 DAYS LETTER REPLIED - FEB 11,2005

alex10dc said:
I don't think your approval is related to the query letter. My attorney sent an query letter to ask my case status on 12/30/2005, there is no any response from PBEC.

I think the DOL is going to be late again, according to the AILA website, http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=19764. I quote verbatim from this document, "DOL also realizes that, once it has finished inputting the backlog cases and sending out the rest of the 45-day letters, which it estimates it will complete by the end of July or middle of August this year, there will be a number of questions and queries from those who filed cases with the SWAs but who received no 45-day letter. It is working on a process for handling those inquiries."

I sincerely hope that this is the last of the delays that I hear about.

EB3-RIR/PA, PD-February 2002, RD-June 2003, 45-December 2004

4.5 years and counting......

samarthk said:
I think the DOL is going to be late again, according to the AILA website, http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=19764. I quote verbatim from this document, "DOL also realizes that, once it has finished inputting the backlog cases and sending out the rest of the 45-day letters, which it estimates it will complete by the end of July or middle of August this year, there will be a number of questions and queries from those who filed cases with the SWAs but who received no 45-day letter. It is working on a process for handling those inquiries."

Can't access the document unless you are member of the AILA. If you have the full text, could you post it ?

Thanks
MDW

Here's the full text of the document:

More Taste of the Annual Conference: How to Reopen BEC Cases Erroneously Closed Based on the 45-Day Letter
Cite as "AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 06061960 (posted Jun. 19, 2006)"

The Dept. of Labor is instituting a process whereby cases erroneously closed by the Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs) for failure to reply to the 45-day letter can be reopened. This process will apply to the following types of situations:

The 45-day letter was received and a timely response was sent to DOL requesting that the case be continued. The case was nevertheless closed on the basis that there was no response to the 45-day letter. The attorney or employer requested that the case be reopened, but to their knowledge no action has yet been taken on that request.
The 45-day letter was never received, but the case was closed for failure to respond to the 45-day letter. The attorney or employer requested that the case be reopened, but to their knowledge no action has yet been taken on that request.
The 45-day letter was never received, but the case was closed for failure to respond to the 45-day letter. Neither the attorney nor the employer has yet requested reopening of the case (most likely because they believed it was futile).
First, DOL has re-set those cases which it is specifically aware were improperly closed, so that they are now back to being active cases. It has provided a list of such cases that were represented by AILA attorneys to AILA's DOL liaison. Liaison will be notifying those attorneys individually.

Those that were in the first group-the 45-day letter was received and a timely response was sent to DOL requesting that the case be continued-will be automatically put back in the processing queue. Those in the second groups-the 45-day letter was never received, but the case was closed for failure to respond to the 45-day letter-will receive a new 45-day letter.

For cases that were improperly closed on the basis of failing to respond to the 45-day letter that were not on the list that DOL gave to AILA, DOL will put on its website an FAQ describing the process to seek reopening, which will included a special e-mail box. Because the process will be largely automated, this box is to be used only for cases improperly closed in one of the three scenarios above. Any other reasons for an improper closing (e.g., response to 45-day letter was late or was inadequate) should be handled through existing processes.

DOL will respond to these queries via email. If the case is reopened, the email response will include an electronic version of the screen shot. For those cases in which the 45-day letter was never received, DOL will send a new 45-day letter only if it needs more than confirmation that the employer wants to continue the case (the request for reopening will be considered the confirmation of desire to continue). It has not yet been determined if the new letter will be sent by email or regular mail.

If DOL concludes that reopening is inappropriate, it will so notify the requester by email. Because this process is largely automated, it is not clear how much detail will be provided in the email regarding the reason for refusing to reopen. However, DOL is committed to finding a means to communicate the reason for the refusal to reopen.

It is expected that this system will be set up, and the FAQ issued, by the end of the first week of July.

DOL also realizes that, once it has finished inputting the backlog cases and sending out the rest of the 45-day letters, which it estimates it will complete by the end of July or middle of August this year, there will be a number of questions and queries from those who filed cases with the SWAs but who received no 45-day letter. It is working on a process for handling those inquiries.

Labor approved!

Folks,
My case has been approved. Got email from my attorney. Three more cases with Aug 2002 PD in my company are also approved. My strong feeling is PBEC is going FIFO with 45-day letter response date, of course with some exceptions.
I'll post this in the tracker thread as well.
Thanks and good luck to all!

PD - Aug 2002
Category - RIR/EB3
State - CA
Case #: P-04320-XXXXX
45 Day Letter: March 2005
Response to 45 Day Letter - March 2005
Labor Approved - Jun 2006

MannyD said:
Folks,
My case has been approved. Got email from my attorney. Three more cases with Aug 2002 PD in my company are also approved. My strong feeling is PBEC is going FIFO with 45-day letter response date, of course with some exceptions.

PD - Aug 2002
Category - RIR/EB3
State - CA

Congrats!! Good luck for 140-485!!

If possible, please provide additional details for the three other cases. Our BEC Tracker spreadsheet will then get additional data for those three approvals :)

good to hear that.

MannyD said:
Folks,

PD - Aug 2002
Category - RIR/EB3
State - CA

Shame on PBEC and DOL, liar, liar, :mad:

samarthk said:

MannyD said:
Folks,

PD - Aug 2002
Category - RIR/EB3
State - CA
Congrats...

When did it go to region?

Congrats!
could you please share few more digits of your P-04320-??###

Thanks!

MannyD said:
Folks,

PD - Aug 2002
Category - RIR/EB3
State - CA

Case closed 4 times, and reopened it 3 times!!!

My employer talked to the person at the number(202-693-3010)that tanveer666 gave us. Thanks Tanveer. The guy at the other end told my HR that my case is closed 4 times, and is reopened 3 times. Currently its closed in May '06! What the heck is going on!!!. The guy asked my HR to call
484-270-1500. My HR called that number, the lady said my case is closed because they didnt hear back for my 45 day letter. What?? Neither my employer nor my attorney received any letter for my case after sep '05. The last letter they got was "case reopened letter".

Anyway, my HR is talking to the attorney, and see what he can do abt it.
I have the proof that they reopened my case in Sep '05. Guys,
----------------------------------------------------
My details:

Lost4Ever :confused:
EB3, CA
PD: 8/9/2002
RD: 8/1/2003
45 day letter received : 12/20/2004
Replied : 12/28/2004
Received Case Closed : 3/22/05
Lawyer replied with proof: 3/28/05
Received Case Reopened letter from PBEC: 9/29/2005 ( dated 9/23/2005)

Information my employer got by calling 202-693-3010.
Case Closed 4 times, and reopened 3 times..Currently its closed.
Case Closed 4th time in May '06.

va_aug_2002 said:
Congrats...
When did it go to region?

August 2003. Details of other cases are not shared by my attorney. He just said all of them were around the same time frame as mine, when I asked him to comment on pattern.

Just hang in! You'll get it very soon!

Best of luck to all.

Case Information

Can anyone post what information about the Case/HR Person Name/Lawyers Name etc. is required before calling the PBEC number (202-693-3010)?

Used Work Email and got a response in an hour

Thanks max2005 for your response.

I sent an email using my work email address and i got the response with in an hour

I had one question regarding the screen shot. What does Rate of Pay represent. Is it the annual salary that was mentioned in out labor application?

My ETA case number starts with P and most of the columns except Prevailing Wage are filled. But I did not receive 45 days letter yet. Do i need to call PBEC?

Thanks

Track Case status

PD Aug,2002 at State level (VA)
Category -- EB3/RIR
Federal -- DOL April, 2004 -- P2004-VA-XXXXXX
Rec -- 45 day letter in April, 2005 replied within two days 15th April
Latest case number: P-04278-XXXXX

Can anyone guide me to track my case through this forum ... also I would like this to be included in the list

Last edited by a moderator:
what email address did you use?

This is what i got:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

'H1B7YR@phi.dflc.us

maine_gc said:
Thanks max2005 for your response.

I sent an email using my work email address and i got the response with in an hour

I had one question regarding the screen shot. What does Rate of Pay represent. Is it the annual salary that was mentioned in out labor application?

My ETA case number starts with P and most of the columns except Prevailing Wage are filled. But I did not receive 45 days letter yet. Do i need to call PBEC?

Thanks