Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I am in a similiar situation. My labor was denied in Jan. Upon contacting DOL, they said that they sent a letter for the recruitment results in Dec, which my company never received. My company said that they talked to DOL and that DOL agreed to reopen the case. This was in Feb...now its May...I am too disappointed to talk about this. I am not sure if they will ever reopen it. My priority date is July 03 (EB-2) and I dont want to loose it because of this stupid DOL.

same here. I found my online case status showed DENIED in the middle of Jan. PBEC agreed to reinstaste my case at the end of Feb. Now it's may, the online status still shows denied. And we still have not received anything in paper from PBEC, not the denial in paper either.

I asked my lawyer today if they got RI for my case and was told that they received a notice from DOL with some question regarding the requirements of my position. But the lawyer didn't give me more details, said she will discuss with my manager first. What does that mean? I think that is not RI, right? Anyone experienced this? See my signature for my case, never made to the regional.

How long has your case been "in progress"?

Mind to let us know when did your status change to "in progress"?

I have been in the 'In Process' situation with the screenshot showing Final Review. This was when we could get screenshots from the info@ email id. You can no longer get screenshots from them. Tried contacting them by phone/employer and was told that it is recommended for approval.
Couldn't get a clear time by which it would move (read crawl) to 'Certified'. Apparently the analyst person has to get off his/her backside and condescend to update the case/letter/website or whatever it takes.
Just giving vent to my frustration and sense of isolation here after reading about the success stories of other folks here (no offence intended, I'm happy for them). Still waiting and hoping those damn losers would get their act together so that I can share good news too with you folks.

That's all there is. Have a good weekend folks.

Hello Mkk,

Could you please let me know the steps you have taken to re-open the case. My case is currently closed and I want to re-open it. Could you kindly let me know the procedure you followed to get it opened in 6 weeks? My lawyer is contacting DOL but no luck so far. Its been in closed state for 3 weeks and nothing has been heard from DOL. Your response would be greatly appreciated

ETA 750 received

Hi Guys,

My attorney received certified ETA 750 today. It only took 4 days from the time it changed to CERTIFIED online.

Thanks.

Constant follow up with lawyer, escalated in HR.

I constantly followed up with lawyer, paralegals, HR contacts every week/days. Escalated within HR hierarchy. Called them, emailed them. Get correct information from lawyer like tracking information or reciept information of the recent responses sent. Ask them to call the analyst handling your case.
If your case gets reopened next week then it's fine otherwise send email/letter/fax to local congressman/senators/DOL secretary.
FYI : my case is not certified yet, analyst is still looking for my file :-(

Please note that for you this is extemely important part of lcareer/life but for lawyer/HR/BEC it is just another case.

Hello Mkk,

Could you please let me know the steps you have taken to re-open the case. My case is currently closed and I want to re-open it. Could you kindly let me know the procedure you followed to get it opened in 6 weeks? My lawyer is contacting DOL but no luck so far. Its been in closed state for 3 weeks and nothing has been heard from DOL. Your response would be greatly appreciated

On May 10 at 4:10PM I checked my case and it was "in process". At 4:30PM I checked it again and it was "certified". So, sometimes it pays to be a status check junkie hehe

Certified copies not received yet

Even after one month after I saw CERTIFIED we have not received the Certified copies. Does it help if attorney calls PBEC or requests PBEC through fax about the Certified copies?

Back to In-Process

Checked my status over the weekend. Its back to "In Process" now (after 6 weeks in Closed). My Hr (bless her heart!) had informed me on Friday that she contacted the local congressman with my case details. So, there you go...it needed this behind-the-scenes "process".

Labor Certified

Here is my turn to share the good news that my case is finally CERTIFIED an hour back (you can imagine that how closely I've been tracking it :) ).

I'm glad that the long wait of more than 3 years is finally over with good outcome. As you can see from my signature that my Case Type was changed to RIR on May 09, and my hope was to get a good news by the end of this week. However, the news came a lot earlier than expected - and I don't mind it :D

This forum and its members have been a great support in the tough times so THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Please do keep your hopes high and you will get out of this mess soon.

I'll let you guys know when my attorney receives the certified copy. Meanwhile, I'll be glad to answer any questions, and see you all in I-140 threads.

Finally received original Labor cert

My attorney faxed a request to PBEC 2 weeks ago regarding not receiving labor cert even after 3 months of approval(as per online status) and looks like somone at PBEC paid attention and mailed my labor certificate. I recommed anyone in similar situation calling PBEC at 484-270-1500. They seem to have a dedicated person to handle these type of post-certification issues.

The letter is certified by Barbara Shelling on 5/4/07, post-marked on 5/7/07 and attorney received on 5/10/07. My employer also received a final determination letter on the same day. I can now upgrade my pending I-140 to Premium processing.

My attorney received the premium processing fee back on Friday from USCIS stating that because they have to request a copy of LC from DOL they can not premium process my I-140.

Original LC was never received by either the Company or Attorney. Based on the below PERM FAQ link, I'm assuming that (eventhough mine is not PERM case) I will receive an RFE notice once USCIS receive duplicate certificate from DOL and may be at time of replying to RFE, I will upgrade my case to premium processing by submitting Form I-907.

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/pdf/perm_faqs_3-20-06.pdf

Certified Online!

Hello everyone,

I'm also a (rather) silent reader of this site.

:) :D I'm pleased to announce that my labor status shows certified today after responding to an NOF 2 weeks ago. :D :)

I have not received the paper certification yet. I hope that I can have it soon so I can move on to the next stage.:)

Good luck to those still waiting. I know it has been a long and painful wait. I have been on H1 since May of 2001. So for me this has been a 6 year wait even though my priority date is 2004. We had to re-apply in 2004.

In any case, just hang in there as we are getting close to the end of the tunnel now.

Thanks to everyone for sharing info and providing comfort

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guru’s.

I know this section of the forum is for LC questions only! But I have asked this question on the H-4 topic sections, but have not/never got a reply or response back.

I am H-1B, just extended my 8th year and stuck at PBEC with my LC. My wife just got a job offered to her, but she is on H-4, does the cap on H-1B affect her or not? And is it true that she can only get a H-1B for a year?

I would really appreciate your help guys, as this forum has always given the best and QUICK advice back…THANKS so much in advance!

Hi

I apprecaite some suggestion or inputs as to why mine could have held at backlog for a such a long time.. Recieved 45 day letter in 12/04 and replied after two months. Most of the cases in my series are approved but mine was sitting there just like that.

PD: 9/12/2003
PBEC case# : P-04274-xxxxx
RIR
45 day letter received dec2004
45 day letter replied Feb 2005

THANKS yours_sincerely, much appricated.

But the quota was reached for H-1B this year, does that mean she has to wait till next years quota to apply or does it fall under something else??

If your wife has her own H-1B she will have her own cap of 6 years to start with irrespective of the time she has spent in the US as a H4 visa holder.

Help on 'How to Appeal'

Hi Guys,
Need urgent help and guidance on filling the Appeal to a case wrongfuly Denied. My attorney has sent an 'Inquery' and its not working.

If any one of you can spell the way to Appeal a case will be highly appreciated

But the quota was reached for H-1B this year, does that mean she has to wait till next years quota to apply or does it fall under something else??

She has to wait until next year if the laws stay the way they are at present....

If there is immigration reform, her chances would improve.

Please visit Http://immigrationvoice.org and look into their resources section.

She needs to be on H1

When you said that she has a job, I thought she had an approved H-1B also. If she does not have an approved H-1B, she will have to wait for the next year to get one before she can start working. Once she gets an H-1B visa, it will be an independent H-1B visa and it won't have anything to do with the fact that you are getting H-1B extensions after 6 years.

Case still closed

nyrocdesi,
Unfortunately, mine is still showing up as closed. My paralegal had been calling PBEC every week, but nothing seems to work. !!

Checked my status over the weekend. Its back to "In Process" now (after 6 weeks in Closed). My Hr (bless her heart!) had informed me on Friday that she contacted the local congressman with my case details. So, there you go...it needed this behind-the-scenes "process".