Pharmacy school

m_dec

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I AM THINKING ABOUT JOINING A PHARMACY SCHOOL. Please advise me about the prospects of this field in next 10 years.

I am starting it over again from the high school level, as my educational background (BS) does not allow me to go for masters at this point.

Your suggestions about another health related professional programs are most welcome.

Please answer.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for your suggestion.

I think Nursing does not provide multiple service options and I am more inclined towards research. What do you think?

Well i have B.S., M.S., and Ph.D in pharmacy.
One thing, now a days B.S. in pharmacy requires 6 yrs of schooling, you will end up with more than $100,000.00 of tuition fees. I am involve with research, but i still work once a month or twice a month for retail pharmacy as a registered pharmacist, just for retail exposure. The retail pharmacy maily runs on third party insurances and state medicaid, and day by day reimbursement from this insurance co. is decreasing. So nobody knows the future of retail pharmacy in next 15 yrs. Right now the job security is 100% and pay is very high, god knows what will happen in next 10 to 15 yrs.
The other option is, job related to industrial work, like research or manuf. of drug. The pay is not that great in this field and job security is almost zero.

Hope this will help.

Thanks american gujju

That was very helpful and realistic.

What would be the status of “Pham.D” in India? I am asking this because eventually I will be returning to India and that is why it is most difficult for me to select the curriculum.

I know it does not sound realistic that after spending so much money go back to India but I will…. after 10/12 years.

Would you like to suggest any other field of study, similar to this interest?

Thanks you very much for your time.

If you join pharmacy school, you will get PharmD degree.
BS is replaced with PharmD.
If you go back to india with MS in pharmacy, i think you will get a decent job. I haven't explore that yet.

American gujju

What field r u working now? Industrial formulation research? do u have Ph.D in pharmaceutics? which state do u have the R.Ph.

My guts saying pharmacist profession will never go down as long as ppl are buying drug. Infact retail chain pharmacy are expanding at very fast pace. The responsibilty of pharmacist are also increasing (hospital pharmacy, nuclear pharmacy, clinical research and recent trend is sales of big name pharma company).