Pharmacy field

manja

Hello...

My wife has done B. Pharm. from India in 2002 (so she is eligible for FPGEE). She came here last month on H4 visa. She has 4 years experience in India in R&D. She is thinking abt appearing for FPGEE this December. But my impression is after passing FPGEE one gets stuck into boring pharmacist job at a chain pharmacy and she wants to do a job similar to one she was doing in India (R&D/ QC executive). Now my question is: Is it requred to have a FPGEC to get a job in industry? Are there any such jobs available here in the US?

Thanks.

Hello...

My wife has done B. Pharm. from India in 2002 (so she is eligible for FPGEE). She came here last month on H4 visa. She has 4 years experience in India in R&D. She is thinking abt appearing for FPGEE this December. But my impression is after passing FPGEE one gets stuck into boring pharmacist job at a chain pharmacy and she wants to do a job similar to one she was doing in India (R&D/ QC executive). Now my question is: Is it requred to have a FPGEC to get a job in industry? Are there any such jobs available here in the US?

Thanks.

Pharmacist job is very boring. In fact it's also risky, for example if any mistakes happens then the in-charge pharmacist is responsible. What I say pharmacist must be careful. And usually all pharmacy chains has longer hours 12 hours/day. Some weeks they have to work consecutives days like that.

My wife is also Pharmacist and she not happy with Job. If your wife is coming from industrial side, I would recommend continue on that side. New Jersey is the best place for pharmacy industries. After she gets a job in Pharmaceutical industry, she can become a pharmacist too, and work part time.

By the way you do not need a FPGEE to get a job in industries.

Thank you for reply. New York seems to be the only option for industry jobs it seems. I'll see if I can find anything in TX. It's too late for this year though.

Thanks anyway.

Manja:

I am in similar situation. I have done B. Pharm. from India in 2002 and have worked there in R&D for a year. Since, Pharmacy license is not required to work in industry, I never got one. Therefore, I am not able to give the FPGEE until I get Pharmacy license from India. Although, I am not that interested in working as Pharmacist. But, I have heard that even for some R&D jobs (not all) they ask for FPGEE.

I am also on H4 and would probably start looking for an industry job starting next year.

TB

Hello...

Thanks.