Petition for SKIL bill

gravitation

Registered Users (C)
We have barely 1000 signature on this petition for Skill Bill. Can't people be bothered to spend 40 seconds signing an online petition? If yes, retrogression is well deserved and should last a decade more.

http://www.petitiononline.com/legalimm/petition.html

Wish we had 100,000 signatures. Why would any congressman give a damn about a national issue interesting only 1000 individuals?

Last edited by a moderator:
Called Mr. Shadeg's Office

People,
Keep you optimism alive....

I called Mr. Shadegg's office and found out that there has been no improvement in the situation since the inroduction of the bill....

I do not know guys....only a "Miracle" can svae us.....but, Miracles do happen..so, keep alive your hopes and prayers....

Just signed

Hi Guys :

I just signed the petition, I am going to post this in other threads across the forums, I happenned to stumble across this - not sure if many people know about it...it would be helpful if you guys can also do it, across murthy.com, sulekha etc etc..

Cheers and God help us all!!

gravitation said:
We have barely 1000 signature on this petition for Skill Bill. Can't people be bothered to spend 40 seconds signing an online petition? If yes, retrogression is well deserved and should last a decade more.

http://www.petitiononline.com/legalimm/petition.html

Wish we had 100,000 signatures. Why would any congressman give a damn about a national issue interesting only 1000 individuals?

gravitation,
It is not a question of who is bothered or not, How many forums did we see this link? I am going to forward this to my few friends. I could have done it earlier if I had seen it. So is the case with many ppl.

some facts:

this petition can be signed multiple times with fictitious names, provided we ive some email address

from looking at first few pages, more than 95% of signatures look indian names.

Let's all sign just once. Honesty will serve us just well. Let's just make each one of us signs it.
techy2468 said:
some facts:

this petition can be signed multiple times with fictitious names, provided we ive some email address

from looking at first few pages, more than 95% of signatures look indian names.

Hey everyone,

Before reading my post, keep an open mind and no flamig please, just giving a different point of view that seems to be missing here.

The whole illegal immigration had essentially ignored the highly skilled immigrant side of things for a simple reason: First, it is a fact that in the vast majority of cases illegals are doing work that Americans won't do. Middle class America rationalizes illegal immigration by thinking when Jose comes over the border to clean toilets or mow a lawn, they don't get hurt, hell they save money but having to pay less for yard work. But, when it comes to skilled immigrants, taking good paying, white collar jobs, that is a whole other story. There is absolutely 0 support for increasing immigration for people that compete directly there.

Second: Most people signing this petition are not citizens. Why would any politican care what a non-citizen has to say? You can't vote for him, so as far as he's concerned you're nothing. Who is Mr. Congressman going to liste to? You who doesn;t vote or a US citizen who votes and is against raising immigration levels?

At best people going through the immigration process now will have citizenship in 5 years, which in politics might as well be 500 years.

Done

Signed it but am losing a little hope in these petitions. This must have been the 20th or 30th that I have signed over the past year or so.

saras

Big waste of time - petitions like these don't lead to bills in Congress. You need millions of dollars to lobby Congress to get a bill introduced.

I don't see the point.

No flames - thank you.