petition for siblings all together?

immbie

Registered Users (C)
I am petitioning 4 siblings family. Yes a lot! So I need source of income to help with that, but we are talking about this 12 or more years later on. With that said, should I file their petitions all together in one packet or separate is better since that will give me some room to gather sponsorship when visa is available? If I need to file separate, what's the period of time between each petition? Meaning, how much time I should give after sending off the first petition before sending the 2nd one, so on and so forth?

If all together is better, please let me know your thoughts as well. I am only here by myself as USC so no family/relatives to help with sponsorship. Friends, maybe, but I cannot count on that.

Each sibling will need a separate petition (with a separate fee for each petition). I am not sure whether you can put them in one envelope or have to put them in separate envelopes. If you put them in separate envelopes, how close you send them doesn't matter. How you send them also has no bearing on how the Affidavit of Supports work when they apply for immigrant visas. If they are all immigrating at the same time, you just need to have enough income to support one of the siblings (considering each sibling separately).

Thank you. If 12 years+ later on, and their petitions or 2 family petitions come through the same time, can I postpone the petition meaning put it on hold until I can get enough affidavit of support prior to them going through the interview process to obtain their immigrant visas?

Can they also help with the support as well? I remember in AOS stage, the intended immigrant can help with the support.

Thank you. If 12 years+ later on, and their petitions or 2 family petitions come through the same time, can I postpone the petition meaning put it on hold until I can get enough affidavit of support prior to them going through the interview process to obtain their immigrant visas?

Can they also help with the support as well? I remember in AOS stage, the intended immigrant can help with the support.

Like I said, if multiple people you petition immigrate at the same time, you just need enough to support one of them, not all of them at once. But if one of them already became a permanent resident with your sponsorship, then you would need to count them in the future immigrants' affidavit of support.

The immigrant's income and assets can be included. However, income has to be legal income in the U.S., which does not apply here. Every 5 dollars of assets only counts as 1 dollar of income, and it must be assets that can be turned to cash within 1 year.

If it turns out your affidavit of support is not enough, they can find a joint sponsor.