Petition for sibling - how long average for approval

RUFGH

Registered Users (C)
It's been almost 27 months now since my brother filed the I-130 for me. Obviously I know a visa number takes a decade or so to become available, but how long more do I need to wait for approval of the petition?

I understood this to be around the 2 year mark so I am a little anxious we still haven't heard. It's the California centre which takes the longest anyway. I sent them an email tonight but their auto response says they don't give status updates. I have logged into the USCIS website numerous times too, but nothing in the registry beyond saying they got our petition.

Any views on timescale?

I'm in London. Does anyone have a good number to get help? I believe they are notoriously hard to get hold of.

Since the priority date is a decade or so away, USCIS is in no hurry to process your petition. Did you receive anything notice from them?

Since the priority date is a decade or so away, USCIS is in no hurry to process your petition. Did you receive anything notice from them?

We have the I-797 which is the Notice of Receipt which we got a few days after filing the petition. Nothing since.