Petition for parents, i-864 questions

chaoses

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and I would like to ask some questions regarding petitioning for parents. My wife is petitioning for her parents to come to the US. We are both US citizens. We received a letter with the NVC case number and we paid the Affidavid of Support fee of $88 online back in May but have not heard anything from NVC. Our next step is to complete the form i-864. My question is should we wait for them to send us information on i-864 and where to send or just go ahead and complete i-864 forms and send them in?

For i-864 forms, should we file two i-864 forms (one for each parent)? My wife is the sponsor but she doesn't have enough income. I am the co-sponsor. We file tax jointly and our income should be enough. Do I need to file two i-864 forms (one for each parent)? No, right? I would file form i-864A for household member? Also, my wife has a brother (16 years old) who is going to ask for a parole to come along with her parents, should we put him as additional family member in each of the i-864 forms?
Thanks for your help!

Last edited: