Petition for H4 refusal

H1 B transfer - Applying for H4 visa...

I moved from Company A to Company B in July of last year. I got my H1 B transfered from Company A to Company B during the same time. I have the company A's visa stamp on my passport still, however I do have the H1 B approval from Company B.

I am applying for H4 visa for my wife in this July. Do I need to get my Visa stamped to my new Company (B). My friends told me that the Valid Visa stamp with Company A and the new H1B approval form from Company B should do, but I wanted to get a second opinion on this....

Help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks...

H4 - H1 transfer

Ginnu could you please answer my question....

Thanks a ton..

I moved from Company A to Company B in July of last year. I got my H1 B transfered from Company A to Company B during the same time. I have the company A's visa stamp on my passport still, however I do have the H1 B approval from Company B.

I am applying for H4 visa for my wife in this July. Do I need to get my Visa stamped to my new Company (B). My friends told me that the Valid Visa stamp with Company A and the new H1B approval form from Company B should do, but I wanted to get a second opinion on this....

Help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks...

Request or File a case against USA Consulate

This is a good idea.Just collect the names,cases of whoever are suffering and facing H4 visa problems at all USA Consulates in India and try to request USA consulate people (like why you people are separting newly married couple and why you are giving visas to fake people(whoever is doing hard jobs and don't have original paystubs,w2s) and not giving visas to eligible(whoever is doing software jobs and having all original paystubs,w2s) people.) or appeal a case against USA Consulate in Indian court.I can participate some of $s if anyone is ready to file a case against USA Consulate in Indian court.

What do you say regarding this.

www.H4Help.org

www.H4Help.org – A new website launched.
It is a place where dependent visa holders in the US can get guidance on what they can do about their helpless situation. They can network with fellow dependent visa holders, help each other find jobs, help advocates in improving policies by participating in the survey, volunteer… etc. The possibilities are endless. Please let everyone with dependent visa know about this site… This site is started by a dependent visa holder and right now it is run by hand full of people. If you are interested in being part this non-profit organization, please email us at feedback@H4Help.org.

Please Please, need immidiate Help...

Hi Need Urgent Help :) .

I forgot to apply for H4 with my 1st H1B renewal in Jan. 2003, infact, i was unaware that its a separate application, i was under the impression that it will be approved with my H1B. But again with Next Renewal, i knew that i will need to apply for my wife as well and applied and my case was approved, i got an inquiry from USCIS about her case, asking why her non-immi. status was not maintained and requires my Pay Slips, my Notice of Action copy, which i will be able to provide. But I donno what the reason i should give as it was purely my unawareness.

Please help me get out of this problem.
Thank you in Advance.
Dave :( .

H1B expiring in Sep 2007, is H4 possible

My 6yr term is expiring in sept 2007.
Can my wife still get her H4 visa?

Please let me know.
thank you.

H4 Visa pending/ 6 months

I am on H1B and my wife is trying for H4 visa. My wife attended the Visa interview in Chennai consulate with all required documentation and around 40 wedding photos. The counselor requested for the complete wedding album. Then her dad brought the whole albums to Chennai over night and she re attended to consulate next day afternoon (Feb 6th 2007). Consular mentioned to her that the Marriage certificate is under administration process review. He mentioned this process will take few weeks.

It’s been over 6 months and we haven’t got any correspondence from the visa office yet.

I really appreciate your help and we are not sure how long the process may take.

Hi Anil9499,

Please try to send a detailed email to chennaiNIV@state.gov explaining your details and situation, ask for the status. I dont have it with me now but there is a number to the consulate where you can call and ask for details (be prepared to be on hold for hours)
Also you can book another appointment and go again with all the documents to see what they say.
Good Luck.

I am on H1B and my wife is trying for H4 visa. My wife attended the Visa interview in Chennai consulate with all required documentation and around 40 wedding photos. The counselor requested for the complete wedding album. Then her dad brought the whole albums to Chennai over night and she re attended to consulate next day afternoon (Feb 6th 2007). Consular mentioned to her that the Marriage certificate is under administration process review. He mentioned this process will take few weeks.

It’s been over 6 months and we haven’t got any correspondence from the visa office yet.

I really appreciate your help and we are not sure how long the process may take.

anil9499, did you wife get her H4 visa? my wife went for her interview last month (October 10th), she got the 221(g) and the VO said that her visa is under administrative processing. However, the VO took my wife's passport and a copy of my H1 approval notice. The VO officer told my wife that the consulate will contact her within 4-6 weeks.

However, we haven't heard anything since that day :(.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news: visa approved

My wife who went to the consulate on Oct 10th, finally received her H4 visa yesterday (December 11th). The passport was in the consulate for about 8 weeks.

We had called the consulate after 6 weeks, but we got the usual 'in process' reply. But after that, we didn't contact the consulate, and just waited.

If everything is in order, the visa will most probably get approved, it is a matter of being patient (I understand it is a frustrating time, but we can't do anything else).

Good luck to all.

H-4 Denied

I am on H1B visa in USA from past 4 years , and my wife is on H-4 visa. We got our 3 years extension ( H1/H4 ) on August 2009 until 2012. Then my wife went to India. She appeared for the interview in New Delhi consulate for H-4 visa re-stamping. They gave her 221g form and within 2 weeks she submitted all the required documents including my client letter. After a long wait of 6 months , her H-4 was denied. Please find below what note says. Here are my question.

1.Since her H-4 visa is denied , will USCIS will come after my H-1B visa and revoke my petition. If so , what are the options
2.how to bring my wife back to US , what we have to do ..do my company need to file new petition or we need to appeal ..if so how ?
3. Can I apply her new H-4 visa again...just on VFS website
4. Can I apply for her tourist visa?

Please advise

-----------------------------------------------------
based on the document you have submitted to us and the information elicited in your interview with an american consuller officer we are not able to issue
you an h-4 temporary visa because :

the petetioner does not appear to be either able or willing to provide qualifying employemnt for the principle applicant in the united states in accordance with
a appropriate laws and regulations
-----------------------------------------------------

you can write a letter to the department of state which oversees US consulate. Please post 221(g) case summary in this thread :
consulate pending, marriage date, visa application date, RFE received date, what documents were asked for and approval date if any.

Based on the responses, I can draft a petition for your perusal and then we can send it to DOS and if there is a single or few consulates, we can send our petition to the concerned consular head.

Thanks for this information dude....