Petition for H4 refusal

this thread was created by me when i was frustrated with chennai consulate people for my wife H4 visa, after 7 months of struggle we got the visa last december 2003, the initial application was submitted during june 2003.

based on my experience and others who had similar problem, i would suggest everybody do not send your documents through post and wait for months, please schedule an appointment and attend the interview directly, and believe me 90% people get cleared even though they had difference between W2 and LCA, including me, i was asked to send the documents through post but i decided to take up an appointment and ask my wife to explain the situation, but when she went there was no questions on the W2/LCA diference, though she was kept waiting for 5 to 6 hours they gave her the visa. i know other people also who got the visa when they went directly.

also have a look at the chennai_consulate yahoo groups, you will get to know the latest information on the visa problems.

Prasadh

Prasad
i am following this thread regularly. and congrats for you and your wife getting the visa.
consulate ppl asked me and my wife to be physically present in the consulate, for my 5 years old child H4 and they did not ask any other documents. i wonder how to resolve this, company is not ready to give me leave. and it is financial hard ship for me now.
iwhen i mail them asking whehter they require any further documentation , they say follow what has been specified in 221 ( G ) letter. i am really frustated, i dont know what to do.
i think this forum shall also take up H4 matter also
thanks

Got married : May 4, 2003.
Consulate: Delhi
Visa applied: May 15, 2003
RFE: May, 21, 28, June 2, July 1
Current Status As of March 6, 2004: Waiting for a response from the consulate.

Consulate said that they have sent the papers to INS Vermont but they never received it and consulate doesn't respond to queries.

H4 visa W2

Hi

I got married on 25th Jan. What concerns me is that during 2002 I was on bench for 4 months and my W2's show less salary than what is projected in LCA.

Now, will this cause any issues in my wife's H4 petition in Chennai?

If yes, is there any way around, so that I can bring my wife here ASAP?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance

-Sunil

still waiting !!

pashwin,
I am still waiting, should be hearing something soon.
I will update you once I recieve the response.
Regards,
Prakash

can i stamp h 4 in chennai

hi
I am a h 4 holder i plan to visit to chennai and get my stamping done in chennai my spouse who is in H 1 is not coming with me , all of our visas have expired, we have H1 till 2006 , will there be problem in chennai for getting my stamping done , it will be nice if somebody can shed light on this Thanks

H4 Visa

My wife attended chennai consulate for the purpose of my kid H4 Visa, ( she already revalidated her H4 visa in DC ).
Chennai Consulate asks for W2 of 2002, i came to USA on 27th September, 2002, and i was on bench till May 2003, the company could not place me then i worked for couple of months for the company and then changed the company.

I have regular pay stubbs from June 2003., i dont know how to over come this issue.
Please suggest me,
thanks

H4 extension with expired I94 for KID

what are the chances of rejecting H4 extension for 6 yrs kid here is US whose I94 is expired 9 months back?Parents are in valid H1 status

is this msg thread still active. my wife is also sailing in the same boat. if this is still active i want to join in this petition.

H4 refused on 8th July, please help

Hi

My husband's H4 has been refused on grounds of 214(b), please guide me what should we do? I was suggested by Rajiv Khanna to contact the congressman, that is what I am doing. Has anybody been helped by them so far?

Also How many chances do we get to apply for the visa?
has there have to be a gap of a few days in between?

Please suggest what to do?

Thanks

g_m111 said:
Hi

My husband's H4 has been refused on grounds of 214(b), please guide me what should we do? I was suggested by Rajiv Khanna to contact the congressman, that is what I am doing. Has anybody been helped by them so far?

Also How many chances do we get to apply for the visa?
has there have to be a gap of a few days in between?

Please suggest what to do?

Thanks

Hi g_m111,

Is your husband visa refused or query sent ? which consulate did he applied ? if he applied in chennai, and got a query, prepare all the documents they have asked for, prepare a explanation letter from your side, if possible get a letter from congressman , fix up an appointment with consulate and ask your husband to go directly and explain the situation, i know lot of my friends got query and later went directly, got cleared. all the best.

Prasadh

Thanks for replying back

Hi Prasadh

He was refused for the first time on 8th July 04 on a face to face interview. This is from Delhi. Yah I have told him to get the property papers, family photograph, business details in more detail to convince that we will come back.

I am meeting the congressman tom, let's see what happens, but from your posting it seems that we should not wait and also we hav eto have a new application.

I am so confused, this should all work out this time, or i will have to go back after so much of struggle.

Anyways, thanks for the reply

g_m111

Hi

My husband went for his H4 visa in Delhi in July2004. He was refused under section 214(b). Yesterday I just called DOS again and this time they told me that they had refused him visa under a wrong section. It is 221(g).

He was given the refusal document for 214(b). I have heard that their is no appointment needed thru the TTSvisas for refusals under saction 221(g). Also their is no fees needed.

But we have the refusal under 214(b) in hand, and in notes it is 221(g)

Please guide me what is 221(g) and what can I do?

Thanks

I think 221g is a request for addtional documents that is required for them to adjuducate the case.
In that 221g it will have the list of documents that they need.
So request for the 221g document.
Proceed from there.

g_m111 said:
Hi

My husband went for his H4 visa in Delhi in July2004. He was refused under section 214(b). Yesterday I just called DOS again and this time they told me that they had refused him visa under a wrong section. It is 221(g).

He was given the refusal document for 214(b). I have heard that their is no appointment needed thru the TTSvisas for refusals under saction 221(g). Also their is no fees needed.

But we have the refusal under 214(b) in hand, and in notes it is 221(g)

Please guide me what is 221(g) and what can I do?

Thanks
section 221(g) is NOT visa refusal. It means ur visa is on hold until you show the additional documents requested by the consulate. This happened to my wife's H4 on first day she went to Mumbai consulate and she got her visa next day.

H4 Visa - Need more information about Merriage Proof

Hi:

My wife went for H4 stamping on Jan 7th, 2005 in Mumbai Consulate. Interview was tough, as consular asked so many questions about marriage, my year of graduation, university, my employer etc. My wife gave answer to almost everything. Then he asked how marriage happened, she told that through Arrange marriage and an AD in newspaper. He already saw Marriage Certificate, my emp letter etc and marriage album containing 50 albums but he told he is not satisfied and needs more info and told her to go.

Again my wife went on Jan 10 with full Album (large one), and that he told he is still not satisfied and needs Marriage hall bill, Newspaper ad. Now we are gathering all these information, hopefully this week she will go again.

I am wondering why there are so many questions in case of H4? Is anybody else is also facing these kind of issues in Mumbai consulate.

Please share your experience or suggestions.

Thanks.

SK

Sushil Singh said:
Hi:

My wife went for H4 stamping on Jan 7th, 2005 in Mumbai Consulate. Interview was tough, as consular asked so many questions about marriage, my year of graduation, university, my employer etc. My wife gave answer to almost everything. Then he asked how marriage happened, she told that through Arrange marriage and an AD in newspaper. He already saw Marriage Certificate, my emp letter etc and marriage album containing 50 albums but he told he is not satisfied and needs more info and told her to go.

Again my wife went on Jan 10 with full Album (large one), and that he told he is still not satisfied and needs Marriage hall bill, Newspaper ad. Now we are gathering all these information, hopefully this week she will go again.

I am wondering why there are so many questions in case of H4? Is anybody else is also facing these kind of issues in Mumbai consulate.

Please share your experience or suggestions.

Thanks.

SK
Is this H4 for the first time or extension?

Has she got H4 before?

What documents she carried?

Last edited by a moderator:
H1 B transfer - Applying for H4 visa...

I moved from Company A to Company B in July of last year. I got my H1 B transfered from Company A to Company B during the same time. I have the company A's visa stamp on my passport still, however I do have the H1 B approval from Company B.

I am applying for H4 visa for my wife in this July. Do I need to get my Visa stamped to my new Company (B). My friends told me that the Valid Visa stamp with Company A and the new H1B approval form from Company B should do, but I wanted to get a second opinion on this....

Help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks...

Same Case scenario as rkimmg

Hi, I too have the same case scenario like rkimmg. Experts please help!!