petition for 6th 0-1- received RFE

wolfboy7

If anyone has any helpful thoughts on my situation, I would greatly appreciate it. As a Canadian citizen who has lived in U.S. for 14 years (2 yrs. school, 1 yr. practical training visa, the rest 0-1's) I am facing a situation up till now I have never encountered. Filed for latest 0-1 in May and last one expired in May- have been waiting in U.S. for answer. A Request for Further Evidence notice was submitted to my lawyer by the WAC last week. By the way, the reason I never applied for GC after all this time is because I was consistently advised against it by professional counsel (more than 1 source). Having lived in the U.S. for nearly half my life, it's hard to believe how many hoops I have had to jump through- Does anyone have any thoughts on creative ways to proceed from here (my intention is to immigrate- didn't foresee having issues with this 0-1 petition since it would be my 6th one & have evidence for my present case consistent with previous approvals... much of the 'further evidence being requested' I don't really have)...I have until 09/15/09 to submit the RFE. Thank you very much! :)

Have one

Thank you Concerned4us, I have an attorney and I am working with him to help resolve the issue. I wanted to know if anyone out there had any fresh ideas- I have received conflicting information/advice from different attorneys. There appear to be many grey areas in this arena.

Hello, I have a similar situation. I am from Canada and have lived in the US under a 0-1 for 2 years. I have filed for a new 0-1 almost 2 months ago. I am getting the runaround and have talked to several lawyers who tell me the US have gotten "unlawfully strict" about visa requirements to applicants who petition in California. (I also paid 1000$ premium processing fees and am losing work daily)

Requests for more information have been sent to me and fullfilled by myself and my attorney. My entire life is in California and I did not predict this massive problem. Today I informed my roomate in Santa Monica that I would not be able to pay rent next month, and to sell all of my belongings. I also told him to give the landlord notice because even though I have fullfilled all of the requirement that the USCIS agent has requested, I am only granted 1 month of my 3 year petition. That month is also not until october.

So, it seems, the grey area is not your fault. It is criminal what they are doing to you and I hope you figure it out. My advice is to call other lawyers and ask them if they can help. I wish I had the money to do the same.

LP

Just in case - O1 visa sponsor available

If you need a sponsor for an O1 visa, Mastery Productions LLC might be able to sponsor you. The company has sponsored successful few artists recently and has a great rapport with the USCIS.
Thanks
Eyal Maoz
Mastery Productions LLC
info@masteryproductions.com

Thank you Concerned4us, I have an attorney and I am working with him to help resolve the issue. I wanted to know if anyone out there had any fresh ideas- I have received conflicting information/advice from different attorneys. There appear to be many grey areas in this arena.