Petition Chicago BCIS Re: 485 earlier than August 01

dfagen19

Registered Users (C)
I was wondering if anyone may be interested in starting a petition to BCIS Chicago regarding cases with RD's earlier than August '01 (I picked August since this is their claim on current processing dates).

Also trying to solicit professional opinion if this is wise and what a format for the petition may look like.

I think the problem is that we arent being heard loud enough. Send in a written inquiry and the response is "We appreciate your patience while the process takes its due course". Follow up through the senator and we get the same reply.

If not an actual interview, can we at least get a concrete lead time to when we can expect one??? If they are processing 08/01 RD's, what happened to all of use before that??

I've waited 2 years and I think my patience is beginning to disappear....

Thoughts/Comments.......

written enquiry

After waiting for over two years, I am equally frustrated as everyone in this forum is. I sent a written enquiry to the Distt Director of Chicago BCIS on 19th June & got a reply on June 27th that I should receive a response in 90 days.

I have also written to Sen. Dick Durbin's office in Chicago on June 21st. They sent me a letter that they have taken up my case with BCIS and I should receive a reply in 30 to 90 days. Today I called his office and the guy on phone repeated the same thing.

I don't think if any legislator is willing to help the beleaguered immigration benefit seekers. The legislators are well aware of the delay in procesing of cases by BCIS but they are keeping a mum sensing the general anti-immigration feeling among their constituents.

petition

I support the idea of a joint petition and will be willing to work towards crafting one. However, before filing a petition it may be worthwhile to try and find out how exactly BCIS is prioritizing transferred cases. I will need to go to the BCIS office twice next week and will definitely try to find out. In case any of you happen to go earlier, please try to do the same. Through more than one person we will be able to run a consistency check. If the official word on processing adjuducation cases is REALLY RD, then the petition can be stongly worded.

Re: petition

Originally posted by rd_0601_chi
I support the idea of a joint petition and will be willing to work towards crafting one. However, before filing a petition it may be worthwhile to try and find out how exactly BCIS is prioritizing transferred cases. I will need to go to the BCIS office twice next week and will definitely try to find out. In case any of you happen to go earlier, please try to do the same. Through more than one person we will be able to run a consistency check. If the official word on processing adjuducation cases is REALLY RD, then the petition can be stongly worded.
Excellent idea RD_06. I am already in touch with Mr Khanna and have asked for his input on the matter, to which he has responded very positively. But, yeah, lets all go to BCIS and then try to link processing times by our responses. I think netelectronic is visiting thursday and I may very well be doing the same.

Re: Re: petition

Originally posted by dfagen19
Excellent idea RD_06. I am already in touch with Mr Khanna and have asked for his input on the matter, to which he has responded very positively. But, yeah, lets all go to BCIS and then try to link processing times by our responses. I think netelectronic is visiting thursday and I may very well be doing the same.
I'm sorry thats oxygenman on thursday