Petition Approved

ultrarunner

I received a notice from Dept of Homeland Security that an I130 I submitted was approved. This was for my stepdaughter.

However, her mother and I have been separated for several months and a divorce is likely. I no longer want to sponsor this child. Can I do anything after it has been approved?

I didn't receive an affidavit of support; just a notice that the petition was approved. It states:

The person this petition is for will be notified separately when a decision is reached on his or her pending adjustment of status application.

Just got letter saying petition for spouse has been approved. I am LPR. My Priority date is November 2007. How long does it take before the GC is issued.

Just got letter saying petition for spouse has been approved. I am LPR. My Priority date is November 2007. How long does it take before the GC is issued.

This thread is about canceling the petition. Are you planning to cancel it? If not, please start your own thread and provide more details so we can give a relevant answer -- is your spouse inside or outside the US, legally or illegally, how long is it until you are eligible to become a citizen.