Petioner I-864 probles.Please help.

desirules

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
Here i am in dilemma again.one of by friend is joint sponser for my family member.I haven't filed tax return for 2010 b'cz i have chapter 7 and chapter 13 going on.I do have tax return for all of the previous year.I have to file i-864 now as petioner is required to submit it.What should i do now?do you think just extension paper is enough or do i need to find something else?should i show i am eployed right now or no?any suggestions?Thank you.

Hi guys,
Here i am in dilemma again.one of by friend is joint sponser for my family member.I haven't filed tax return for 2010 b'cz i have chapter 7 and chapter 13 going on.I do have tax return for all of the previous year.I have to file i-864 now as petioner is required to submit it.What should i do now?do you think just extension paper is enough or do i need to find something else?should i show i am eployed right now or no?any suggestions?Thank you.

Provide USCIS with the paperwork for the extension. Alternatively you can file 1040 and then amend it with a 1040 X after the bankruptcy issues are settled.

Well if you weren't required by law to file taxes then its enough to just attach the explanation letter, but if you were, you'll have to file taxes before you can petition anyone. Simple as that.

Provide USCIS with the paperwork for the extension. Alternatively you can file 1040 and then amend it with a 1040 X after the bankruptcy issues are settled

Just talked with my lawyer and he said when chapter 7 is filed in that it autoatically implies that you have an extension and you don't require to file tax return untill everything is sorted out b'cz eventhough it is corporation it is followed by personal gaurantee.He is also going to give me paper regarding that matter.do you think that will be enough or do i need to file 1040 as you said and amend it?

I also have question regarding job letter,during all this time i was also doing job so should i send them the job letter.:confused:

Well if you weren't required by law to file taxes then its enough to just attach the explanation letter, but if you were, you'll have to file taxes before you can petition anyone. Simple as that.

Well thats a kind of grey area my friend b'cz in some cases where chapter 7 is filed for corporation and is not backed by personal guarantee are required to file the tax return but the one which is backed by personal gaurantee there is no specific laws or so is what my lawyer said.

Provide USCIS with the paperwork for the extension. Alternatively you can file 1040 and then amend it with a 1040 X after the bankruptcy issues are settled

Just talked with my lawyer and he said when chapter 7 is filed in that it autoatically implies that you have an extension and you don't require to file tax return untill everything is sorted out b'cz eventhough it is corporation it is followed by personal gaurantee.He is also going to give me paper regarding that matter.do you think that will be enough or do i need to file 1040 as you said and amend it?

I also have question regarding job letter,during all this time i was also doing job so should i send them the job letter.:confused:

Follow what your lawyer said. If USCIS is not happy with it, they will issue an RFE at which time you can file the 1040. No big deal. Yes its okay to also add a job letter. The more the better :)