Permanent Resident stamp on passport

ok

Registered Users (C)
The Permanent Resident (PR )stamp on the passport does not have USA anywhere on the stamp. It just says that one is PR but from what country ?
Is it OK ?

No Title

I have the same question.
Do we need to take any documents when we travel abroad or this
stamping is fine?
How the Immigration Officers(in other countries) understand this
stamping as USA PR?

No Title

The other countries do not care where you are a permanent resident. Only your citizenship matters. When you enter the US, they look at the residency and at that point these guys here know what stamp represents.

No Title

newtothis !
The other countries do care about if you are a U.S. permanent resident because in certain countries like Canada, Mexico, and EEC countries you do not need a visa for that country to enter if you are a permanent resident of U.S.

I think this fact should be brought into the notice of INS. They must fix their stamp. After all how much can it cost to fix that trivial stamp.

No Title

Folks take it easy .
All US INS , Canadian and mexican immigration
officials know and understand the stamp .
Many people including myself have travelled just
with the stamp .

No Title

How the Immigration Officers(India / China ) understand this stamp as USA PR because when you are travelling immigration officers check that one has legal visas/document for the country you are visiting ?

No Title

You are wrong JJAgarwal. Being permanent resident here does not give you automatic entry permit to EEC countries. Each country has its policy which varies depending on your own country of citizenship. American green card is just what it is, US green card and only countries like Canada who have special visa waiver treaties with tthe US may allow that.