Permanent Resident Process continued in 3rd country

McGoo

Registered Users (C)
I have a question, and would appreciate your opinions.

I started my Perm Residency process in the US where I have been living for the last couple of years. I applied in Nov. and I believe I will have to wait until mid September 2002. In the mean time, I will go back to my country or stay some time in another country by July or August.

If I inform the address change to the Buffalo office, will they allow me to wait for the medical exam, interview and final results in my country or another country?

No Title

It\'s better to inform change of address after you receive assessment letter from the Consulate. Also you should have latest copy of your Police report by the time you leave. You can request medicals to be performed in your country.

Also it\'s better to authorise someone as the care-taker of your application i.e some US contact.

I hope this helps.

I submitted the FBI fingerprints card on January

Thanks for answering.
I started the process on Nov, submitted the FBI fingerprints card on January. When would you say I should be receiving the assessment letter?
DO you know of any changes after the minister was changed about the new Pointing system for people that started his/her process before the law was published?

Thanks and good luck in your process too.