PERM timeline

srsqldba

For my PERM, recruitment started on 9/12/2009 and lawyer says that after 11/16/2009 my employer will send a draft 9089.

I want to know what will happen next and approximate timeline.

H1 6 year expired

Hello, All
Need Urgent Advice, Please advice me, thanks in advance

My H1 6 year expired in Mid of Nov-2010, I want to file my PERM APPLICATION , still I have a enough time..? if is yes, until how long i can file my perm application.

Is there any law we have to file perm before 365 days on H1 6 year expired.

thanks

For my PERM, recruitment started on 9/12/2009 and lawyer says that after 11/16/2009 my employer will send a draft 9089.

I want to know what will happen next and approximate timeline.

Assumedly the draft ETA 9089 will be for review, since the forms are filed electronically and are not signed until after they are certified (and no changes can be made to filed forms.)

DOL is currently processing cases initially filed in January 2009, so, you can estimate your processing time based on that, but who knows with DOL. They said they were going to issue new forms in October and that didn't happen... so it's anyone's guess at how long the process will take.

Hello, All
Need Urgent Advice, Please advice me, thanks in advance

My H1 6 year expired in Mid of Nov-2010, I want to file my PERM APPLICATION , still I have a enough time..? if is yes, until how long i can file my perm application.

Is there any law we have to file perm before 365 days on H1 6 year expired.

thanks

You can only extend your H-1 beyond your 6th year based on A.) a labor certification pending for more than one year, or B.) an approved I-140 petition.

Talk with your lawyer and see about leaving the country and doing some recapturing of H1 time.

Why did you wait so long to start your GC process?????

My PERM was filed Feb. 2009. My 6th year H1B expired June 2009. My lawyer advised to just go ahead and file for H1B extention just to buy out time for my stay. With God's grace and mercy I was approved.

Hi may_yami,

Congrats on getting H1 extension. I am also in the same boat.
I filed my PERM on Aug,2009 and my 6th year H1 is going to expire on June,2010.
I thaught the PERM should be one year old to get H1 extention after 6 years.
If so what you did special while applying for H1 extention.
Are you continuously staying in US for 6 years? Please explain your situation.

Thanks
SK2008.