PERM Timeline

kyu

My lawyer informed me today that we had received the prevailing wage determination and started the recruitment. Could anyone please tell me how long recruitment generally takes and what may be the earliest date that my case will be filed? The end of my H1-B 5th year is coming up in two months and I am really worried. :( Thanks a million for the information!!!

Work Order has to be placed for a month. The rest of the recruitment (Sunday Newspaper, employer's website, etc...) can be run during that month too. Following that there should be a "quiet" month. So in two months your should be able to file your case.

One more question

Thank you! Any website to search for the SWA advertisement? It is too difficult to get information from lawyer or HR.

Where to search for SWA job order?

Can anyone please answer my question? Many thanks!!!

I am in the same position as you. My lawyer today informed me that it will be 6 months before they can file the PERM case. We have recd prevailing wage determination today and placed job order with SWA. Why would it take a 6 more months?

Where can I get a detailed discription of the steps involved in PERM filing and the timeline around those steps?

Thank you. This is extremely helpful. Apparently, our attorneys are making a fool out of us by saying that they need 6 months to file the app. I will send this doc to them. I am sure they will try to tear this apart.

Thanks.