PERM Questions from newcomer.

leo11877

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I have some questions for PERM application.

1) When my company applies for PERM, when do I get a tracking # or any other way to track the application and where can I track the application online?

2) If I have 12+3 Deg (BS Math) + 7 years experience in IT, what are the chances of getting a PERM certification?

3) If I am denied the same, what are the options

4) If my employeer had applied for state labor last DEC, where can I find out if they really applied?

Thanks in Advance,
Leo.

Watch out

leo11877 said:
Hi
I have some questions for PERM application.

1) When my company applies for PERM, when do I get a tracking # or any other way to track the application and where can I track the application online?

No, only employers can see the status online through their account.

2) If I have 12+3 Deg (BS Math) + 7 years experience in IT, what are the chances of getting a PERM certification?

PERM as such could be ok to get in EB3 category, but you might have issues in 140 stage unless you take special steps. Read the I-140 forum some have been successful.

3) If I am denied the same, what are the options

Refile with another company or for another position.

4) If my employeer had applied for state labor last DEC, where can I find out if they really applied?

You should be able to send the BEC an email....replace all xx, yy, zz etc with valid values, if you do not have any information leave them blank. If you send an email from company email account, it will be great.

email the following to both
h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us for the Dallas Center
h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us for the Philadelphia Center

To: H1B7YR
Subject: xth year extension case status request

Hi,

Request for xth year extension for H1B

The following is my basic information.

Employer name : xxxx

Employer address: xxx yyy zzz

Processing Type: None RIR EB3

Alien Name: X Y Z

Alien Address: XXX

Date of filing: XXX

Sate where filed: xxx

Region: yyyy

Case number: zzzzzz

Thanks in Advance,
Leo.

Filing PERM thru multiple COs?

Thanks for the reply,

1 more question comes to my mind. Can I apply for PERM thru my current H1 holder at the same time, apply for PERM thru another employer, so that if the PERM of the 2nd one is approved, I jump to the 2nd one?

please reply

Thanks
Leo.

leo11877 said:
Thanks for the reply,

1 more question comes to my mind. Can I apply for PERM thru my current H1 holder at the same time, apply for PERM thru another employer, so that if the PERM of the 2nd one is approved, I jump to the 2nd one?

please reply

Thanks
Leo.
No problem.