PERM Q&A (II) to Spur PERM Filings by Backlog Application Filers

goodphysq

Registered Users (C)
PERM Q&A (II) to Spur PERM Filings by Backlog Application Filers

"One question which the backlog filers have been anxiously awaiting was the affect of a new PERM filing on the pending cases in the Backlog Processing Centers. Some of them were reluctant to file a new application under the PERM program for fear that their pending applications might be considered automatically withdrawn or denied. However, the release of Q&A II has made clear that unless the PERM filers chose to withdraw by filing of the PERM applications, the pending cases at the Backlog Processing Centers will be processed without being affected by such filing. This policy is thus likely to spur filing of new applications by those whose pre-PERM applications have been pending as these cases may not be affected by the new PERM application regardless of the outcome of the decision of the PERM applications"

Clarification

Lets say we file with perm..is there a way to retain the priority date from peding labor application??

surely u know the answer to your clarification , if u file a new perm u can,t retain the old PD, see we expect the DOL to do things to minimize wait period and backlog and its actually the people who are creating back log problems with multiple filing of applications, if u were to retain the old PD just withdraw old application and file identical new as perm , that will help yourself and everyone else too

Read the Q & A yourself. Do NOT trust every word of the lawyer.

DOL only says that:

If you mark "withdraw" in the PERM application (and you followed the PERM advertisement procedure etc.), you pending case will be converted to PERM.

But they did NOT say:

If you do NOT mark "withdraw" in the PERM application, what will happen?

I’m tied with 7th H1B extension and want to change job requirements for LC position. What route I can take? Apparently I can amend pending LC, and then submit ‘identical’ PERM application. In that case I’m counting that everything will go smoothly taking the huge risk that DOL will simply kill my pending LC if they find it’s not ‘identical’ or somehow is not ‘convertible’
I simply cannot afford that risk of loosing the extension.
So I need pending LC for securing an extension and a new PERM case for getting an approval. So, I’m glad if above information is true and I can refile without withdrawing the old case.
Tell me if I’m doing a wrong thing then.

PERM issues

Hello. I 've heard about PERM thinking that it would be the best route to get my LC approved. I talked to my lawyer and this is his reply :

"A review of your file indicates that it would be best to wait until at least October 10, 2005 (one year after the Labor Certification was received by the Texas Workforce Commission).We will take another look at this case in October 2005. If we consider it beneficial to switch your case to the PERM process, we will contact you and offer you a new retainer agreement."

Is it true that LC approval will take only more or less than three months using PERM process? What are the risks?

Please help!

Worried Guy :confused:

well if u clearly qualify for EB2 then u should not have any problems , but there are people who do not qualify or put under business necessity , they can run into definite risk of being audited

Hello-Full time/part time for PERM

Hi,
I am working part time 24hours a week. I did not see the FT/PT issue touched in the PERM FAQ. Can anyone provide more information..?
Thanks

There is no FT/PT issue. You need not be an employee of the company for filing a labor application on your behalf. You current status does not matter.

Please Help...

Hi Thompson,
Thanks for your reply. Do I have to go to work for the company i apply PERM thru...? If so how long and how well is that montiored? How does PERM work when you are current employee?
Thanks

What's the deal with PERM

Have the filings for PERM started? Meaning has anyone filed for LC under PERM? Someone told me that the filing of cases for PERM has not started because the prevailing wage has not been stated by the DOL. Is this true? I'm really confused at this point. :confused: Any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

faisalhg said:
Have the filings for PERM started? Meaning has anyone filed for LC under PERM? Someone told me that the filing of cases for PERM has not started because the prevailing wage has not been stated by the DOL. Is this true? I'm really confused at this point. :confused: Any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Filing has been started and it was mentioned there were lot of denials witout any prejudice....not sure what that means.

I was told my attorney not to file perm until thinks stablize!!

I am about to start a new PERM process, would like to understand, if PERM process gets rejected with the Company A, then after how long we can apply again PERM with the same company A. Or we can't apply it again with the same company A at all in the future.

Waiting for you guys suggestions....

Sush