PERM preparation from Employer side

INeedAllGreen

Registered Users (C)
Folk,

I would be greatful if any one of you can reply to my doubt/quetion. I have joined one of the conulting company in WI and they are in process of filling GC for 2-3 people together. My HR lady says that she and company's attorney has done all preparation for " Classified Ad " whereas she is working with attorney to prepare for Ad with Labor department website. I do not understand by what does she meant that two different kind of material needed to place advertisement for same group of people. :confused: I know one thing that my HR lady doesnt know much about labor and GC and all process. She is working with attorney to file PERM process for all 3 people in our company.

So Guru can you be able to tell the difference of Ad that my HR lady is preparing for us. I think HR lady is trying to avoid to tell me that they are not prepared for Ad yet and she is giving me all kind of crapy excuses. :(

Any input on my question is welcome.

Thanks
INeedAllGreen

Please please reply someone

Folks,

Can any one of you be able the difference between " Classified Ad " and "Ad for Labor Dept" as I have explain above.

:confused:
IneedAllGreen

She probably mean Ad in paper and the Job Order with SWA, which is not all that different but SWA job order generally has separate form which needs to be filled out and that varies by State.

Job Order for SWA

Thanks GDhiren for specifying the difference. But do you think that it takes longer time(3-4 days) to fill Job order for SWA like my HR lady is giving me update on PERM process. Can't she be able to placed an Ad in paper as soon as she had prepared and later spent time on job order for SWA. Or is it like she has to have Job order for SWA done to start placing Ad in newspaper.

Thanks in advance for your valuable information. :)
INeedAllGreen

Job order has to be placed for 30 days and within that time it is recommended that the Ads also be placed.

Why are you worrying about 3-4 days, it's normal for HR/Lawyer to take a couple of weeks preparing the strategy and job duties, description. Be patient and keep following up.

Thanks for your info again

GDHiren,

I was curious to know that my HR is following right procedure in filling PERM application for my GC. Since I was not sure what my HR is upto then I had to open a new thread to ask Gurus here. Since now you explain that Job order for SWA is as important as Ad in newspaper/Website. So I am assure that My HR people are going on right track and they are not giving any kind of excuses to delay PERM application.

I am desperate to file my PERM only reason because recently I changed my employer while I am in my 7th year of H1B visa. I do not want to waste time in filling GC. I have continue my GC (Non-RIR EB3) processing thru old employer but can not rely more on that then Faster PERM process and later to get I-140 done for to get 8th year H1B visa extension.

Thanks again for your time and energy to reply my doubts/questions.

INeedAllGreen :)