PERM OKAYed, Goddamn it.

labordrags

Registered Users (C)
PERM OKAYed

PERM OKEYED, GODDAMN IT.

The White House announced in the dawn today that it cleared the long-awaited PERM final regulation of the U.S. Department of Labor. The exact date of release of this regulation in the federal register is unknown and left to the DOL, but it may not take too long to release this regulation. The Chief of Foreign Labor Certification, DOL, previously stated that once the regualtion was published, it would have 60-day window period of time before the PERM program would be actually launched. Now, PERM is reality and no longer the subject of speculation.
The current labor certification system of RIR, Limited Review, and Regular labor certification applications will soon disappear and be discontinued. The National Processing Centers in Chicago and Atlanta will go into full operation of the new labor certification applications named PERM as soon as the 60-day window is opened. For the development of this news, please stay tuned to this website.
view the breaking news section of immigration-law.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, more importantly, now the Q is: What are the new regulations under PERM. How do they want the employers to post requirements for a job. If its still too restrictive, we might still not be able to use it to the most benefit for us. Lets wait and watch for the lawyers to interpret PERM and post their comments.

Interesting For good news its 'Goddamn it'

and when the news is depressing the posted messages are always... 'lets pray to god something happens for our good'....

after its launch, alll the RIR and NON RIR will phase out slowly, so the only option left for ppl who wants to apply Labor is via PERM. so I dont think it will be more hassle for us to apply. think about it.

it is a mysery

labordrags said:
after its launch, alll the RIR and NON RIR will phase out slowly, so the only option left for ppl who wants to apply Labor is via PERM. so I dont think it will be more hassle for us to apply. think about it.

well many people think that with PERM in effect, the green card process will get easier and faster. but this is not true, if PERM is implemented soon.

many people who r new applicants will apply through PERM and will get their LC cleared shortly then those people will apply for i140/ i485. this means:

1- that a person who is waiting with the old system since let's say 2003 will get his lc after a person who applied in 2005.
2-the people of 2005 will take the visas numbers remaing for this yr which means the retrogression of visa numbers will enlarge and perhaps reach everybody. in a simple term, the 2005 people will take the visa numbers and we leave the 2003 applicants with nothing.
3-consequently, the system is not then a FIFO(first in first out) it will be a LIFO (Last In first out).

it is a mysery if uscis doesn't expediete the i140 and i485 to fit this avalanche that is coming with DOL backlog elemination and also the congress has to increase significantly the visa numbers. otherwise, no green card for early fillers for anohter many yrs. it is so depressing.

antonioa77 said:
well many people think that with PERM in effect, the green card process will get easier and faster. but this is not true, if PERM is implemented soon.

many people who r new applicants will apply through PERM and will get their LC cleared shortly then those people will apply for i140/ i485. this means:

1- that a person who is waiting with the old system since let's say 2003 will get his lc after a person who applied in 2005.
2-the people of 2005 will take the visas numbers remaing for this yr which means the retrogression of visa numbers will enlarge and perhaps reach everybody. in a simple term, the 2005 people will take the visa numbers and we leave the 2003 applicants with nothing.
3-consequently, the system is not then a FIFO(first in first out) it will be a LIFO (Last In first out).

it is a mysery if uscis doesn't expediete the i140 and i485 to fit this avalanche that is coming with DOL backlog elemination and also the congress has to increase significantly the visa numbers. otherwise, no green card for early fillers for anohter many yrs. it is so depressing.

Did you ever thought about that there are people which are not from India, China etc. and which are quite happy about PERM because it might speed up their LC ? It is very egoistic to write that PERM will be horrible for everybody when it is not true. People not from India, China didn't complained before that people from India and China slowed down their LC process because there are so many people from these countries who are apllying for the LC. I can fully understand that everybody from India and China is not happy about recent developments but you should start to distingush more between who might advantages from the recent development and who not. The only thing you are doing is writing that everything is horrible which is totally wrong.

PD date

Thats true that people who applied their labor in 2005 will get their LC before people who applied in 2004/3/2/1 using RIR/Regular system. But what I read from different immigration sites tells that you can retain your PD and apply new application under PERM if you applied labor under existing system. I am not sure if it is going to be the case after PERM is published, but thats what experts were telling.

antonioa77 said:

If PERM is very restrictive..

Wont eb-3 category folks get rejected outright? I mean I dont understand..PERM is supposed to be a more restrictive system than RIR..if so, how do EB3 folks go through?

GC_Dreams18 said:
Wont eb-3 <A title="Best cat" style="COLOR: #65b45c; TEXT-DECORATION: underline" href="http://toolbar.desktoptraffic.net/cgi-bin//ezlclk.fcgi?id=100" target=_blank>cat</A>egory folks get rejected outright? I mean I dont understand..PERM is supposed to be a more restrictive system than RIR..if so, how do EB3 folks go through?

let's wait few days to c what does the new PERM looks like. perhaps it changed significantly from the older proposed version. we don't know yet until the program is out. just let's wait for few days and by then ur questio can be answered.

honkman said:
Did you ever thought about that there are people which are not from India, China etc. and which are quite happy about PERM because it might speed up their LC ? It is very egoistic to write that PERM will be horrible for everybody when it is not true. People not from India, China didn't complained before that people from India and China slowed down their LC process because there are so many people from these countries who are apllying for the LC. I can fully understand that everybody from India and China is not happy about recent developments but you should start to distingush more between who might advantages from the recent development and who not. The only thing you are doing is writing that everything is horrible which is totally wrong.

Applause honkman! Good points indeed. With all due respect to professionals from India and China, have you guys thought that it is primarily because of you that the rest of us are stuck in these backlogs? And that is not fair. But we don't compain in the name of whatever weird notions of justice we believe in. So, if there's a chance for us to get through faster, maybe you should see something good in it as a general improvement?

honkman said:

just to be clear, i'm from a very small country that has few immigrants that apply to green cards. so don't misunderstand me and think that i'm from the countries with heaviest immigrants to usa.

what i talked about before is by putting some numbers together. i'm under EB-2 category worldwide.
so just wanted to make myself clear.

antonioa77 said:
just to be clear, i'm from a very small country that has few immigrants that apply to green cards. so don't misunderstand me and think that i'm from the countries with heaviest immigrants to usa.

what i talked about before is by putting some numbers together. i'm under EB-2 category worldwide.
so just wanted to make myself clear.

Does it really matter what country YOU are from, coz the GC quota is based on pre-fixed visa number for each individual country, thats the reason India, China and Phili immigrants EB3 number got flooded and now they have to wait till their quota becomes available. Thats at least what I can think of.

And now I think the confusion part is how difficult the PERM will be. I can see it will be difficult, but there is a way to get over it, or we will find a way to deal with it, when they launched RIR, it was more difficult, and ppl cope with it. We have to do the same for us to overcome this PERM issue.

GOD BLESS AMERICA