• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

PERM filed. Can I participate DV?

naterry

Registered Users (C)
My company filed the PERM for me at May'2010. (But I haven't heard any news). In this case, can I participate DV 2012 lottery?

In the instruction, it said "MAY PERSONS WHO ARE ALREADY REGISTERED FOR AN IMMIGRANT VISA IN ANOTHER CATEGORY APPLY FOR THE DV PROGRAM?
Yes, such persons may apply for the DV program.". However, I am not sure what "immigrant visa in another category" means......

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. PERM is the first phase of employment based green card process. It is not part of DV lottery.

So my question is if I have filed the application for employment based green card, can I still participate the DV lottery?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply. PERM is the first phase of employment based green card process. It is not part of DV lottery.

So my question is if I have filed the application for employment based green card, can I still participate the DV lottery?

Thanks again.

Yes you can. I was in the same situation where my company sponsored me for my green card. I also applied to the DV lottery at the same time and I ended up winning.