PERM EB2 qualification

newlab

Registered Users (C)
HI All,
I have master degree and 4 yrs (previous job) + 10 months (in school research assistant) experience.
In order to apply in EB2 looks like my position doesnot require Masters but with 4 yrs + 10 Months previous experience am i eligible for EB2. I heard that in PERM we can use current employer experience is this true?
Thanks for your help in advance.

The answer is No. Perm or pre-perm, experience gained at petitioning employer does not count when filing for LC.

What if you get promoted? Can we use that time?

Can we use the time before getting the promotion?

Lets assume you had a MS degree when you joined the company and had 1-2 years of experience and you spend 3 years under a Software Engineer designation. If you were to file for the Perm at this stage it would go under EB3 since your job (Software Engineer) does not require MS degree. If your job does not require a MS degree then it is EB3. Correct me if I am wrong.

Then you get a promotion to Senior Software Engineer. Now the job requirements have changed for a senior level job. It requires a MS degree.

Once you get the promotion can you count any time spent at the compnay before getting the promotion? The job duties and responsibilities are almost the same.

Is it possible to file under EB2 since the senior level job now requires a MS degree?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

nxm said:
Can we use the time before getting the promotion?

Lets assume you had a MS degree when you joined the company and had 1-2 years of experience and you spend 3 years under a Software Engineer designation. If you were to file for the Perm at this stage it would go under EB3 since your job (Software Engineer) does not require MS degree. If your job does not require a MS degree then it is EB3. Correct me if I am wrong.

Then you get a promotion to Senior Software Engineer. Now the job requirements have changed for a senior level job. It requires a MS degree.

Once you get the promotion can you count any time spent at the compnay before getting the promotion? The job duties and responsibilities are almost the same.

Is it possible to file under EB2 since the senior level job now requires a MS degree?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Why would one want to count the exp with current employer when MS alone would be sufficient to qualify for EB2. Genearally the Job duty reqs has to be atleast 50% different to use the experience gained with the current employer, and be preapred to show good documentation in case of audit in such case.