PERM Average Process Time? (and, are there any external delays from the FDBL Audit?)

mpastrana

Registered Users (C)
I know this is "iffy", but I'm really lost here.

After interviews, straggler's wait (an extra thirty days), approvals and whatnot, my lawyer filed my ETA 9089 (Application for Permanent Employment Certification) electronically with the department of Labor on 5/20. I'm still waiting on word from the DOL (this post = 8/12). Does anyone know how long this process usually takes?

On this note (And i've posted questions about this here and here), There's a DOL-wide audit going on with regards to the Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy LLP Issue, I expect this to delay processing times, just... would love to guesstimate how much.

Cheers, any help welcome.

/mp

The DOL says they try to process cases within 90 days. However, from cases that we are processing, it appears that the average processing time is about 4 or 5 months. My colleague from the office told me she heard through the grape vine that for audited cases, the DOL is processing from May 2007. However, I don't have any documentation to back that up. We have cases pending since November last year and January this year that are still in process.

So, essentially, sit tight and wait until you are contacted. I know it is not a great answer, but it's the only one we have right now.