PERM Approved.. What about H1B Extension ?

dave74

Registered Users (C)
Hi All Gurus,

My PERM Got approved last week in a week, My 6 years of H1B expires March 2007. What will be the chances for my 1 or 3 years extension ? When should i apply and What after applying the I-140 ? I am confused how this works and how long would it take for me to get I-140 approved and getting a GC?

Please reply in Detail if anybody has idea.

Thank you,

Dave :) .

dave74 said:
Hi All Gurus,

My PERM Got approved last week in a week, My 6 years of H1B expires March 2007. What will be the chances for my 1 or 3 years extension ? When should i apply ......

Dave :) .

I guess you have missed the one year cut off to extend your H1 - meaning your GC process should have started 365 days prior to the end of 6 year period. BTW What is your PD?

Now I think your options are:

1) File I - 140 ASAP and wait for its approval. If I - 140 is approved before 6 yr period ending then you get extensions for 3 yrs based on that. If it is denied then I don't think there is any option to extend.

2) See if you can recapture your time spent outside US - like traveling, vacation etc., so that your 6 yr ending period can be extended by that amount of time recaptured and see if your PD is 365 days before that new time frame.

You have to closely watch on the I-140 premium processing becoming a law.

Why This 01 Yr Important?

What does this " recapture time " means ? Does it mean that you have to apply for extension of H1 01 yr before expiration date?

Why this 01 yr time important ?

What is my I-140 is not approved

Hi,
Thank you for your reply, it was very much clear and understandable.

I have a question that what if my I-140 doesnt get approved until March 31, 2007, which is my H1B 6 Years expiration.

Please let me know.

Thank You,

Dave.

GCfromIL said:
I guess you have missed the one year cut off to extend your H1 - meaning your GC process should have started 365 days prior to the end of 6 year period. BTW What is your PD?

Now I think your options are:

1) File I - 140 ASAP and wait for its approval. If I - 140 is approved before 6 yr period ending then you get extensions for 3 yrs based on that. If it is denied then I don't think there is any option to extend.

2) See if you can recapture your time spent outside US - like traveling, vacation etc., so that your 6 yr ending period can be extended by that amount of time recaptured and see if your PD is 365 days before that new time frame.

You have to closely watch on the I-140 premium processing becoming a law.

H1B extension beyond 6th year

Dave74,

Hi there! I agree with GCfromIL with the options he gave you. March 2007 is still a long way to go. Make sure you submit your I-140 to the right processing center, I guess every I-140 application should go to Nebraska Processing center after April 1,2006 (see USCIS website), however I still see some I-140's being processed at Texas processing ctr, and the average proecessing time is one month! This was last April 2006. However you may want to check with friends, results in the month of May and June 2006. You may want to see other results on this website. Please ensure you're submitting the original LC so with all requirementswhen submitting your I 140

With an approved I-140, H1B extension beyond the 6th year is approvable.