PERM approved, but...

cindytong

Registered Users (C)
I am posting this for a friend of mine. She recently got PERM approved, but after she found out about the approval, she realized the salary she has in the application is wrong. It is $9000 higher than her salary and it was a typo. Is this a problem for 140/485 (my guess is yes)? The lawyer thinks she might need to do a PERM amendment, but does that mean they might deny the case?

Any comments/suggestions will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

cindytong said:
I am posting this for a friend of mine. She recently got PERM approved, but after she found out about the approval, she realized the salary she has in the application is wrong. It is $9000 higher than her salary and it was a typo. Is this a problem for 140/485 (my guess is yes)? The lawyer thinks she might need to do a PERM amendment, but does that mean they might deny the case?

Hi Cindy
Yes, it will be a problem. In the PERM era, I am not sure whether you can still use "Green card is for future job, so the company will pay you after receiving the Greencard..blah blah" or not.

By the way, it will be very helpful to the forum members, if you post all the details about the case, when you ask some question from others. Please post the case details like Processing center, Date of filing, Status Changes, EB2 or Eb3, Job title, Audited or not etc.

Thanks,
gcman

Hi,

It will not be a problem as PERM approval is for future - according to my company lawer

With regards,

cindytong said:

How about asking for 9K raise :) It is not hard right.
The only problem is your company must give you that raise once you get GC. Also they need to explain and confirm their promise with INS.

Dont worry. Leave it alone as the salary is promised for future, when GC is approved. With the retrogression, by the time GC arrives (after 10 years), her salary will definitely be much higher .....