PERM approved after 10 months

lambda

Registered Users (C)
Normally I would have posted this message under Chicago PERM tracker but thought that I am one of the very few which such a long drawn wait that I might share it on main link.
Stats:
-----------------------------
EB2, Mechanical Engineer
Filed: 07/18/05
Audit request: 12/18/05
Audit replied: 01/05/06
Approval: 05/05/06
-------------------------------
I hope my case will give some hope to people who have been waiting very long... I surely thoght my case is lost in DOL blackhole as many normal processing cases in the past....

Congrats!! The long waiting period must have been annoying knowing the fact that many people are still getting PERM approved in less than a week.

Yes I was Wondered when I got Approved in 1 Day
mvinays said:
Congrats!! The long waiting period must have been annoying knowing the fact that many people are still getting PERM approved in less than a week.

Congratulations!!!

After reading your message I thought lets check the status of my case and guess what I GOT CERTIFIED too after 8 months. In my case audit request was made in December 2005.

So hope is there for everyone. Cheer up!!!

lambda said:
Normally I would have posted this message under Chicago PERM tracker but thought that I am one of the very few which such a long drawn wait that I might share it on main link.
Stats:
-----------------------------
EB2, Mechanical Engineer
Filed: 07/18/05
Audit request: 12/18/05
Audit replied: 01/05/06
Approval: 05/05/06
-------------------------------
I hope my case will give some hope to people who have been waiting very long... I surely thoght my case is lost in DOL blackhole as many normal processing cases in the past....

Congratulations!

HAve you received the paper approval? My case was certified on the same date accordig to the online status, but I have got the papaer as of now.

See you on the next stage.

Yes. I have received paper approval. It was extremely annoying to see people getting approved in a week or two. Actually my colleague who applied with similar case 3 weeks after me got approved 2 months ago without audit. The only regret is that if my case would have been normally approved, I would have been able to file I-485 before it retrogressed.
My audit was for "Business necessity justification". It was a random audit. Normal requirement for my job code is BS and in the audit, we were asked to justify necessity of MS degree as min. requirement for the job.