Per CSC: On concurrent processing of 140 and 485....

santosh_30

Registered Users (C)
All:

Pls see this e-mail exchange between me and CSC when I asked them about why my 140 has not been touched yet. They had sais they will wait till FBI name check clearance. Can anyone make sense out of what they are saying????

__________________________________________________ ______

The EB2 petition was part of a pilot program. The program was for (EB2) I-140's that have been filed as concurrent filing along with the I-485. The Service wanted to see how long it would take for the entire process to be completed. At this time the pilot program has been completed but we are still tracking all the petitions involved in this pilot program.

Having the I-140 in a pending status does not affect the adjustment of status due to the fact the applicant is adjusting in the United States. As soon as the FBI name check clears, both application will be processed.

This pilot program was ONLY done on EB2 classifications.

Center Adjudications Officer
Division XII
California Service Center

____________________Reply Separator____________________
Subject: RE: Question about I-140 status (Receipt #: WAC051xxxxxx ,
Author:
Date: 6/22/05 12:22 PM

Dear Mr. xxxxx:

I have seen many applications where the I-140 has been approved even while the I-485 has been pending in name check. How is that possible?

Could you please help me understand.

Best regards,

-xxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 11:57 AM
To:
Subject: Re:Question about I-140 status (Receipt #: WAC051xxxxxxx ,

The I-140 will be adjudicated once the I-485 clears fbi name check. Both applications will be processed at the same time.

The Service has NO control over how long it takes FBI to clear the name check..

They are right if your case is under pilot program. The pilot program was not for speedy process as generally understand. USCIS used to clarify that pilot was actually experimental program for additional (security) checking. Gods know what they are doing.

GCisTortoise

So you are saying that my case may be selected under this program? Will that delay it even more? Where can I get more info on what this pilot program is?

Thanks,

Santosh_30

I am pretty sure they have stopped the pilot program last Sept. It was an experimental program that only lasted about 6 months. I think they have started to process both 140 and 485 seperately already. But again, who knows exactly what they are doing :confused:

Hi

If the above statements are true,mine should have been cleared long back
My 140 approved on march 3 2005,Still 485 is pending.Waiting for Namecheck to be cleared.Mine is EB2 RIR.Dont know what USCIS doing

Regards
Kabish