People with RFE, please read

NCGUY

Registered Users (C)
I am trying to understand why INS is sending out the RFE to some and not others. It sounds like many people who have gotten them have needed to send pay stubs and letters of employment.

For those people that have received and RFE, did you supply the material requested in your original application? For example I included my tax returns and my pay stubs, etc.

Please let us know so I can understand why they are asking for extra information…..

Thanks

Oh, man, INS just do it for NO reason!

Please do not guess what INS is going to do, I think INS just sent out RFEs randomly with high percentage(around 50%) just make sure if you are still on your job!

My lawyer is a very neat one she sent everything such as pay stubs before 485 filing, tax return for 3 years etc. with I485 application, she rarely got any RFE (less than 1%) before August, 01. But now everything is changed, currently, she told me that 70% of her 485 AOS cases (most Sept. Oct. cases) got the same RFEs as you mentioned for NO reason.

INS just want to make sure everything is perfect before they can grant you the damn card!

Good luck!

For myself, I got RFEs for most recent 3 month pay stubs, employment letter, and 2001 tax return (not available when I file my 485 on 10/01, I only have 2000 return at that time).

It makes sense. But it sounded like you are more likely to get an RFE if you did not supply any pay stubs or company letter, etc.

I was surprised to see a post today from someone with no RFE and just wanted to see if I can understand why he did not get one.

I just want this process to be over with!!!!!!!