People with pending background checks

SaraJones

Registered Users (C)
Many people say they have been waiting several months/sometimes even years for a background check. I am wondering to see if we all have something in common--what is your country of origin, District Office? Perhaps we can establish some common features

SaraJones said:
Many people say they have been waiting several months/sometimes even years for a background check. I am wondering to see if we all have something in common--what is your country of origin, District Office? Perhaps we can establish some common features
I started a similar thread but never received more than 2 or 3 replies. Anyways, here it is. I recommend adding age, gender and waiting since also

County of Origin - Pakistan
DO - Dallas
Age - 30
Gender - Male
Waiting Since - 11/19/2004

EricNeesGC said:
I started a similar thread but never received more than 2 or 3 replies. Anyways, here it is. I recommend adding age, gender and waiting since also

County of Origin - Pakistan
DO - Dallas
Age - 30
Gender - Male
Waiting Since - 11/19/2004

U mean u have been waiting for more than ONE year?
how come my lawyer told me the backgroup check normally takes less than two months? Gosh, I hope I don't get into this traffic after my interview next year.

well, look at the bright side, since u done you interview already, the card will get in the mail box anytime from now. just remember to check ur mails daily.
best luck :D

here we go

country of origen: Argentina
DO , Hartford, CT
AGE, 40
wainting since 07/12/2003

Pending Background Check

Country of Origin: Lebanon
DO: Houston, TX
Interview Date: March 22, 2005

Waiting Since then :eek: and of course already on my 2nd EAP and AP :confused:

Another FBI name chack story

Hello Everyone,

First time posting, read through some of your comments, here is my situation regarding FBI back ground check:

I filed my application for GC through marrige in May 2004, received the first interview date (with my wife) in March 2005, went to the interview, everything went well, at the end of the interview officer told me that he has approved my application and can finilize my decision pending FBI name check.

I asked him since when my name went for name check, he informed since June 2004.

So now after one and half yr (and still counting), I have not received any word regarding my name check status.

Talked to my lawyer, according to him name check can take from 3-weeks to 3 years...go figure.

My temporary EAD card expired in Aug 2005 (I am on H1-B till 2006). I have filed for EAD renewal (in October/november) through efiling and still waiting for finger printing.

So, I am waiting for one and a half yrs now and no sign of end, I read few posts saying if it takes more than 1-yr for name check INS issue 10 yr card, instead of 2-yr one..I hope this is true.

Here is my info...

Origin - Pakistan
Male
33yrs old
Waiting for name check since June 2004

Regards.

my interview was on oct 24th 2005. the interviewer said that they are waiting on fbi results.

Country of Origin: india
DO: sanantonio, TX
Interview Date: oct 24, 2005

BackGround

I have been stuck with Background checks when I filed transfer H1bs. For over 18 months for one petition, and about 11 months for another concurrent petition.
Age 27
Myrtle Beach SC

Waiting every day and night for the good news!

Country Of origin: Pakistan
Age 30
Waiting since: 6/20/05 (interview date)
D/O Dallas TX(DORA)

m3_mania said:
My temporary EAD card expired in Aug 2005 (I am on H1-B till 2006). I have filed for EAD renewal (in October/november) through efiling and still waiting for finger printing.

m3_mania,

If you efiled your EAD, you will not get a notification from the USCIS to go get your FP done. Your e-reciept should state on it to get the FP done and mail required documents. Please check the receipt you printed when you efiled your EAD. It should have instructions on it.

my interview was on oct 31th 2005. the interviewer said that they are waiting on fbi results.

Country of Origin: india
DO: Phoenix, AZ

tendencies in clearing security check

We tried to figure it out in employment based AOS thread, did not find anything.
Sometimes people from china/india with common names are cleared within couple of months, and people with non-common names and from countries like Great Britain are stuck for several years.
My observations are:
1) age: older people are stuck for longer (kids with same/similar names are cleared faster than parents);
2) females are cleared faster than males.
The longest case I heard about was more than 4 years (4.5 I think).
3) country - more chances to be stuck if you are from China, India, Russia, East countries.
So, be patient folks!