"People With Mental Disorders" - Immigration - "Inadmissibility" - "Waiver" Available!

Ali Murtaza

Registered Users (C)
Hello There!

I am a Dentist and work at a Dental College as a Demonstrator. I have “Schizophrenia” and it is now “Controlled” as I take my medicines daily for that. I also have my Psychiatrist’s Certificate that says that I am fine to do any job. The Psychiatrist’s Certificate continuously needed to be updated & for that I consult my Psychiatrist regularly. There are schizophrenics here in this region where I live & in the U.S. too and lots of them are leading successful lives also. They take their medicines daily and consult their Psychiatrists on routine basis.

I had recently learnt about the “Inadmissibility” in the U.S. Immigration Laws for Schizophrenics that Bars people with mental disorders from entering the U.S., or getting the Green Card or U.S. Citizenship but there is also a ”Waiver” available for people with Mental Disorders.

Do anybody has any information regarding that?

I have already applied for Immigration through a “Family category” back in January 2013. I want to know that when there is a “Waiver” available in U.S. Immigration Laws , How could I ge t that Waiver & be eligible for U.S. Immigration?

Regards,
Ali Murtaza