Pending under Section 221(G) for admin processing? Help PLZ

aman55

My wife went to her interview and everything seemed to go well but then she was informed that person with same name and birth date as her either illegally entered or is still in the US. They told her this will would take 15 to days to look over and they will call her when this is done. Does anyone out there know how long this will take and what does this 221(g) mean, she is under for necessary admin processing? Thank You

section 221g

My wife also got the same problem. Did Consulate get back to you ? Can you please let me know.

aman55 said:
My wife went to her interview and everything seemed to go well but then she was informed that person with same name and birth date as her either illegally entered or is still in the US. They told her this will would take 15 to days to look over and they will call her when this is done. Does anyone out there know how long this will take and what does this 221(g) mean, she is under for necessary admin processing? Thank You

What happened to your wife's visa ? Did consulate get back to you ? Same thing happened even in my wife's case but they didn't tell my wife any specific reason. they just told my wife that they have to do administrative processing. Still waiting for their response.

Could you please tell me wheather consulate got back to you or not ?

How long does it take?

My wife too got the same reason in 221(G) today. I did not have valid stamping on my passport and my 485 is pending. I used my AP on my last trip.

How long does it take for the consulate to get back to you?

Please respond,
thanks,