Pending since January 2003

mahi4u said:
Sensat,

May i know more about aila liason..?.I have no idea about this.

Thanks,
Mahi

I read somewhere in the forum that aila can follow up cases if the lawyers request aila to help them with particular cases. So I talked to my lawyer and asked him to contact aila and talk to them about my case. He did send him my details and asked aila to look in to mine. So now we are waiting for an response.

I contacted with my senator and I got letter from thier office ....saying they have submitted inquiry on my behalf to USCIS. This letter is dated Feb 2nd. Does it take that long to senator office to get any info from USCIS ??

punjabi007 said:
I contacted with my senator and I got letter from thier office ....saying they have submitted inquiry on my behalf to USCIS. This letter is dated Feb 2nd. Does it take that long to senator office to get any info from USCIS ??

The senator's get a response pretty quick. But since they sent a letter maybe thats why its taking some time. They usually send a email.

Hi All

I have a question.I applied my 140 in EB3.Now what if i apply for another 140 in eb2 using a new labor filed from same employer.Iam thinkinjg of this can u help me guys with ur views.Is it any good to do that or not.

Thanks for ur responses

kishore143 said:
Hi All

I have a question.I applied my 140 in EB3.Now what if i apply for another 140 in eb2 using a new labor filed from same employer.Iam thinkinjg of this can u help me guys with ur views.Is it any good to do that or not.

Thanks for ur responses

Kishore,

Thats a alternative you can pursue. It would help since that may improve your priority date. But if you just want to get your I 140 cleared, it might not have the desired result. The ibis check might be triggered again. This is just my view.

sensat

so what u r saying is the current 140 will hold new 140 also eventhough it filed in diff category.So there is no use in applying new labor 140??

Kishore,

Applying a new I 140 as EB-2 would be good in that fact that eb2 retro will probably reach your priority date soon. But if your only reason for applying for I 140 is to get approved soon, that might not happen.

Friends, I need your input before I take any step. I have this I140/!485 is pending since Dec 2004 and this I140 was filed for future employment on sub labor by not my employer. Now I got my own labor approved which has PD Feb 2003, so should I file new I140 with thru my current employer ? One problem I am seeing is Skill set for SUB laobr and my own labor are different (Both are programmer analyst but one for Java etc and my own is for real my SAP skill). If I file I140 with my labor and have to attached expereince certificate showing SAP skill, will be different from one I had submitted ealiar.
Can it cause any problem ?
PLEASE PLEASE give me your valuable advise.

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

As i told you earlier my I-140 got stuck in background check.This is what we got response from USCIS recently when my attorney initiated enquiry.

"A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.
Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case.If you don't hear anything from USCIS within 6 months please call our customer service".

So my questions are...

1).You want me to wait another 6 months or can i initiate another enquiry through senator..?.

2)My labor got cleared from IOWA and 140&485 filed @NSC concurrently in Apr'04.I filed my tax returns for 2005 from IOWA and now i'm living in Virginia.
So if i want to initiate another enquiry through senator to whom should i approach..?.Means IOWA or Virginia senator..?.

I really appreciate your inputs!!!.

Thanks,
Mahi
140&485 Concurrent filing @NSC in April'04.
Both are pening. :confused: :confused: :confused:

mahi4u said:
Hi All,

As i told you earlier my I-140 got stuck in background check.This is what we got response from USCIS recently when my attorney initiated enquiry.

"A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.
Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case.If you don't hear anything from USCIS within 6 months please call our customer service".

So my questions are...

1).You want me to wait another 6 months or can i initiate another enquiry through senator..?.

2)My labor got cleared from IOWA and 140&485 filed @NSC concurrently in Apr'04.I filed my tax returns for 2005 from IOWA and now i'm living in Virginia.
So if i want to initiate another enquiry through senator to whom should i approach..?.Means IOWA or Virginia senator..?.

I really appreciate your inputs!!!.

Thanks,
Mahi
140&485 Concurrent filing @NSC in April'04.
Both are pening. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Mahi,
The senator inquiry didn't help to speed up my case. You could ask your lawyer to contact the aila liason. My lawyer did contact them, still didnt get any response from aila.

Sensat,

Thanks for your quick response.As you said i'll ask my attorney to approach AILA.Please let us know when you hear something on your case.

Thanks,
Mahi