Pending since January 2003

qaiser

Registered Users (C)
I think I am the only one left from our community whose 1-140 +I 485 + I 131 + I 765 are still pending for security checking since JANUARY 2003.
Please share your thoughts here.....I need helpppppppppppppp :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

qaiser, sensat

I feel your pain guys. What have you done to get out of the security review ?.

Here is what I did:

- Wrote a lr. to director of NSC
- Contacted congressman
- Contacted senator
- Had my lawyer initiate an inquiry twice

I did do couple of things

Contact the senator
Lawyer inquiry
Lawyer is contacting aila for my case.

I didnt know what else to do.

bmt74 said:
qaiser, sensat

I feel your pain guys. What have you done to get out of the security review ?.

Here is what I did:

- Wrote a lr. to director of NSC
- Contacted congressman
- Contacted senator
- Had my lawyer initiate an inquiry twice

bmt7
My lawyer contacted the senator and he also initiated 2 inquiries. I have no idea what lr is.. Can you please post a sample of it so I may do the same?You have been very helpful to all of us. Thanks again

I used a sample letter posted by DIGS. His I-140 was also pending for a long time, he contacted the senator and got an RFE, eventually got approved.

DIGS, where are you ?????

Here is his letter:

------
Name
Company Name
Address (Self or Company)I preferred Self as the Employer was not supportive
Phone # accordingly
Email Id
Date

The Honorable Senator ABC
Address
Washington, D.C. 11111-0000

Subject : Request to enquire with USCIS - NSC for I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker) with application # LIN 04137xxxxx

Dear Senator ABC,

We are a ................. company in city, State since 19xx engaged in so&so. I'm an employee working for the said company as ...(position).... on H1B1 visa for over xx years. Based on the company's current & future needs, I'm being sponsored for a permanent position and residency in the US. With a degree in ........ and master's in ............. plus xx years of progressive experience, the company made concurrent applications for my I-140 and I-485 in April 2004. Although, the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services is doing commendable work in backlog reduction, my particular application on Immigrant Petition for alien worker (I-140), is still pending for over 470 days at the Nebraska Service Center. As suggested by my employer, I'm sending this letter to you as a request to intervene and seek enquiry in my long pending application. The case details are given under :

Application # : LIN 04137xxxxx
Form type : I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker)
Petitioner : Company Name
Beneficiary : Last name, First Name, MI
Receipt Date : April xx, 2004
Projected Processing Time : 150 to 180 days from receipt date.
Present Pending Time : Over 470 days with no updates or queries.
Total I-140 cases pending at NSC with receipt dates of April 2004 : Less than 10%.

I also take this opportunity to inform that despite the Nebraska service center indicating to process I-140 cases with receipt dates of Dec. 2003, there have been cases approved in good numbers for receipt dates in the years 2004 & 2005. As a comparison, the other Centers, at Vermont, Texas and California are presently processing I-140 cases with receipt dates between March & April, 2005.

I once again greatly appreciate for your taking time to look into this long pending matter.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Name
Position
Company Name
City, State, Zip
Email Id

Although my employer did not and never would worry about my 140 approval, I wrote the same to make some extra impact
-----------------

Add me in. Mine is NIW EB2, submitted on 5/2004, RFE on 8/2005, no news at all. Tried the helps of senator, congressman. So far, nothing is really helpful.

bmt74 said:
I used a sample letter posted by DIGS. His I-140 was also pending for a long time, he contacted the senator and got an RFE, eventually got approved.

DIGS, where are you ?????
Here is his letter:
-----------------

I did not give any numbers on my letter when I sent letters to my House of Rep and one Senator. I just wrote about me and my family :D One of them sent me a letter, and asking my case number. Then it was like a magic :eek:

180 days after the first RFE, now I got the second RFE

Hi, folks:

I just received e-mail saying they are sending out request for further evidence. I am so sad and confused, through these endless painful waiting, I am getting the second RFE. What would that be? Does anyone have that experience?

Maybe GC is the thing I should forget forever.

Dont worry. It should be a simple rfe. I guess they had misplaced your case and they have to justify the reason it has been pending. You should get your I 140 cleared soon.

Good luck

Sensat,Bmt,Qaiser

Today i got a reply from senator saying that my name check initioate on dec1st 2004 and cleared on dec 8th 2004.

But still my application is in security area which is not FBI security check,it is other kind of check that CIS will do.Dont know what it is.Did u hear anything like this before about other security checks related to CIS.Now i know my file is not with FBI.So i cannot do anything now becoz dont know whom to ask for expedition.Please share ur thoughts.

Kishore

Hi Guys,

Our attorney initiated enquiry with USCIS recently on my I-140 case which is pending for long time and see below the response from USCIS:

"The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.
Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case.These baekround checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below."
===================================================

It is paining me a lot.What should i do now..?.Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mahi
EB2 Concurrent Filing 140 & 485 on April'04.
FP done thrice.

Kishore,

Mine was never in the name check. Its a uscis background check. And cases filed in nov and dec 2004 had got in to that. The senator's aide had given me the details pretty clearly.

Sensat Thanks for ur response

Mahi My lawyer also got the same letter for his enquiry.My lawyer told me they will select some cases and do auditing and detailed review.May be we are So LUCKY FELLOWS they chose our cases for that

mahi4u said:
Sensat,

Can i hear something from USCIS within 6 months..?.

Mahi

Thats what I am hoping for. And the thing I also did was to talk to my lawyer and ask him to follow through aila liason. I will update the forum as soon as I get any updates.