Pending since 2002 (or earlier)

s0l71

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Do we have here anybody (except myself) who has their i485 pending in VSC since 2002 (or maybe earlier)? I am just trying to understand if I am the only one with such "luck".

My case details:
PD 10/2001, i485 RD 11/07/2002, i485 ND 12/10/2002, FP1 12/2002, FP2 07/2004

I have done so far:
1. Got a response from FBI. My name check was completed in March 2003.
2. Contacted Senator office - 3 times. Received standard response (security check is pending) twice. His office chose to ignore my third request.
3. Contacted another Senator from my state. I am still waiting for any response.
4. Contacted Congressmen office - 3 times. Received standard response (security check) first time. I spoke twice to the person in his office who was assigned to my case. He promised to initiate another requests but I didn't get any response from them.
5. Contacted USCIS Omdudsman office. They forwarded my request to Vermont Service Center. Now I am wating for their replay.
6. Sent 3 expedite requests. Everytime I got standard case status response (security check is pending, blah-blah-blah).
7. Today I called VSC directly. Lady on other side of the line said that my case is waiting for security check. She declined to tell me if they received results of FBI Name check. When I ask her what can I do at this point she gigled and said that I just have to wait.
8. Countless number of calls to NSC.

Does anybody here have any ideas what can I do next? Maybe I missed any possible action which can resolve this unbelievable situation.

I was thinking that next possible action can be as following:
1. Contact media. Not sure if any media will be interested.
2. File a class action lawsuit agains USCIS (3 years is hardly a reasonable waiting time). Again I am not sure how to do that and how much will it cost. May we can form a group of people who intersted in this option.

Anyone has any comments?

My wife is in the same boat too

Here's her story:

My wife filed for her I-485 around 02/01/2002 as a dependent and mine was filed around 11/02/2001. My GC was approved around 10/27/2003.I expected my wife's to follow. But,so far my wife has renewed her EAD,and AP 3 times and no luck yet. We just filed for her 4th EAD. She had only one FP so far and that was around 05/21/02.

I have been communicating to my lawyers regarding her case and I am not getting any satisfactory response. I am not able to understand what
s really going on with her case and why it is taking this long.

I tried talking to senator, but got a standard reply the case is in progress.

Please help me on these questions

1) Is there anyone here on the same boat, and if yes please let me know how to proceed to resolve this.

2) I am thinking to changing my lawyer to someone who's more competent.

3) what are my other options?

Any help is really appreciated.

Pending since April 2001

I filed my labor in 2001 and here are the details:

EB3 (Unskilled Labor) PD April 2001
i140 RD 8/01/05 ND 8/02/2005 approved 9/05
i485 RD & ND (not sure but filed with i140) still pending
EAD still pending
FP Haven't been called yet

I don't know whats taking them so long with the EAD. I would be happy with at least that for now.

lovensing said:
there many more ......................
Lovensing,
Feeling extremely bad to learn that you are still pending....

Don't know what to say...However, as a victim myself till a couple of months back, I can empathy with you...

-rajum

Another 2002 filer still waiting....

Me and my wife applied for I485 (EB3-Pak-VSC) with RD 01-28-2002 and still waiting for approval.

Had to go through 4th EAD and AP recently.

Let's keep this thread alive special after visa numbers going to be avilable from Oct. 1st.

Does any one have some sample letters to expediate request with USCIS Omdudsman office?

What are their Fax or address information, I should be sending expedite request too?

Any other suggestions?

BTW: LUD 06/01/2005 with no status message change.

We are waiting tooooooooooo...........

We are also one of the unlucky one's sailing in the same boat.

Labor Approved PD : March 2002
I-140 Approved : 1/21/2003

I-485 : ND : 12/20/2002
2 Finger Prints, 4 EAD's and 4 AP's so far.

Every Damn Check is cleared, Answered RFE's for both my wife and I and finally got caught up in the visa numbers unavailability.

God ONLY knows when our journey will end.

Count Us In, We too have the

same sort of issue with my spouse's case. Received FBI mail that they cleared her case, but USCIS says they still waiting for Name and DOB check from FBI. Not sure when they get it. Just waiting....

Srichalam,
Print the FBI email and take it to the USCIS office (infopass). Ask them to approve your wife's application before Sept 30. It is worth a try, specially since FBI has already completed the check.

sipak said:
Does any one have some sample letters to expediate request with USCIS Omdudsman office?

What are their Fax or address information, I should be sending expedite request too?

This
LINK has all information about how to submit case status problem to Ombudsman office.

you can file a lawsuit in the fedral court its called a "write of mandamus "
in this suit you will sue the USCIS and the FBI and force them to make a descition on your case , the does not gurntee that they will approve your case , you can look for lawyer in this web site http://www.bestlawyers.com/
some layers will take it as flat fee about 5000$