Pending review and additional system checks

Got "detailed review" reply for a pending 140 ( RD:Oct 21, 2003) inquiry. semicon filed 485 on Dec. 2003.

Will talk to lawyer to find out what "details" they are reviewing.

My lawyer thinks the "additional system check" is the background check, I don't how I can find out whether it's the same as "FBI name check". irisyue, can you keep me posted what you find out from your lawyer?

I filed in Jan. 2004, EB2 concurrent, and I got the same reply after the inquiry. And my lawyer told me it might mean some technology-alert checking. Anyway it means my lawyer does not understand and told me to wait. No sure how long to wait.

csc_gc2004 and irisyue,

Did you guys try to find out whether your FBI-NameCheck is cleared or not?

guys,
whats FBI name check my I-485 not filed with I-140 still I got same reply after inquiry. dont know

Thanks,
rb180

rb180,

Don't know why. My lawyer interpeted this "additional system check" as "background check" related with my semi-concurrently filed 485. I just tried to find out whether it's the FBI name check. By so far FBI hasn't replied my inquiry yet.

ycning said:
I did it this month, no reply yet.

The lawyer refused to do any inquiry for my 140. Did you inquiry FBI without knowing if the "system check" is related to name check? What number you used to inquiry

Should I hire a new lawyer?

Hi,

My lawyer is a university lawyer and he told me that there are about 7 similar cases in our university recently (all are OR category). He told me that he could not do much about it and suggest me to get AP and EAD if I want to travel. I do want to travel?

Could you please let me know if I should hire an outside lawyer for my case?

Is it possible that the recent response just means the reformatting of their standard response?

Thanks for your advise.

irisyue,

For 140 inquiry, your lawyer or employer must do it. For FBI name check status inquiry, search this forum, you will find tons of information.

my employer did all the inquiries

ycning,

My employer did all the inquiries. My university lawyer considered everything normal and what I needed to do is waiting; I think he has too many cases. Because of this, my employer asked me if it was necessary to hire an outsid lawyer

I contacted with Mr. Fan and he told us that I did not have too many choice except for waiting. So, I will wait for another month or so to see what will happen.

Thanks.

Iris

Does anyone have new clue on this addition system check? I was told my FBI name check result has been returned to USCIS.

Are any of you using a substitute labor?

I got the same message as a result of the enquiry and my lawyer thinks it indicates they are trying to locate the original labor cert.

Not sure if she is guessing, but there shouldn't be anything else that's wrong with my company - public, more than 500 employess, profitable and recently got quite a few green cards approved as well.

ycning said:
Does anyone have new clue on this addition system check? I was told my FBI name check result has been returned to USCIS.

How long it took you for FBI name check ? Did you get reply from FBI saying "no hits"

It took almost 2 months to get the reply. The message is like other people's, "the result had been returned to USCIS on xx/xx/xxxx" blah, blah, blah......

I got same reply 2nd time, additional system checks and pending review my application is of 2003 for my 2nd inquiry yesterday for my I-140 inquiry.

dont know what fuck is going in CA for 140

Thanks,
rb180
EB3 Orig 09/19/03

rb180, this really sucks. I already feel that would be the reply for my next inquiry.

Did your lawyer interpret this second inquiry reply?

Also, you might call the CSC emergency line. Someone in the forum get some more information out by doing this.

Hello victims of GC seeking ( me too)

I was reading every message of this thread. Seems like
the problem of 140 is not related to name check or security check. Last
month or so there was a memo on withdrawal of concurrent adjudication
of concurrently filed cases. I dont know you guys are aware of that.
140 no longer waits for 485 even if the filing is concurrent.
But I have no clue whats happening with you guys 140s. And its a little
scary too. Good luck guys.

babu.