Pending review and additional system checks

unp

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,

With my Feb 3, 2004 I-140 RD more than 30 days past the JIT, I asked my lawyer for an email enquiry. They came back with this respose:

We received a response from CIS regarding your case. Your application is “pending review and additional system checks.”

Does anybody know what that really means? And what particular actions to take at this point?

Thanks
UNP

That means your name check is pending at FBI. I am in the same boat. I believe most of concurrent people whose PD passed the JIT but their 140/485 have not been touched are stuck in USCIS due to this security check problem. I tried to contact senators and congressmen, nobody could really help. I was told we could just wait. Some people have been waiting for more than two years. This really sucks.

unp said:
Hi gurus,

With my Feb 3, 2004 I-140 RD more than 30 days past the JIT, I asked my lawyer for an email enquiry. They came back with this respose:

We received a response from CIS regarding your case. Your application is ?pending review and additional system checks.?

Does anybody know what that really means? And what particular actions to take at this point?

Thanks
UNP

Do I have to do a fax enquiry with the FBI to determine if my application has been cleared by the FBI, or does the online status/LUD provide that information?

You need to send inquriy to get your name check status. LUD didn't tell you anything about FBI name check result as far as I know. FBI stopped taking fax inquiries in late September. You have to send email. But I have not seen anyone got response to email inquiries yet. Anyway, here is the email addres: fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov.

mesbah said:
Do I have to do a fax enquiry with the FBI to determine if my application has been cleared by the FBI, or does the online status/LUD provide that information?

iamconfused,

I want to do a email inquiry on the name check too. What information should I include in the email? Also, where can I find the official link for the name check inquiry information? Thanks!

Hi Guys

I do not think this is pending due to name checks. I-140 application is based on the company's ability to pay and match you qualifications to the approved labor.

Name checks and other security related checks etc are done at 485. Worst case if this pending they should be approving your I-140 keeping 485 pending.

I am in this situation but I-140 delays are not due to name checks but yes if the company in question itself has any security related concerns or issues then it is total different story. In short I-140 the focus is more on company than you while I-485 the whole focus is on you.

just my 2 cents
reval_wait

If you are a concurrent filer, USCIS will not touch your 140 if security check has not been completed.

reval_wait said:
Hi Guys

I do not think this is pending due to name checks. I-140 application is based on the company's ability to pay and match you qualifications to the approved labor.

Name checks and other security related checks etc are done at 485. Worst case if this pending they should be approving your I-140 keeping 485 pending.

I am in this situation but I-140 delays are not due to name checks but yes if the company in question itself has any security related concerns or issues then it is total different story. In short I-140 the focus is more on company than you while I-485 the whole focus is on you.

just my 2 cents
reval_wait

iamconfused,

Please read my post carefully, I just said that I am in the situation where my I-140 got cleared but 485 is pending due to name checks (and or other security clearances.)

Please do not generalize there is no hard policy on this expect some real cases that can be used to indicate what might be happening. Probably even based on the officer things could vary. You have case where you think it is held due to name checks (& both I-140 & 485 are pending).

I am a different situation where 140 went through though 485 is still pending due to security checks. I know many people in this situation in fact all who have I-140 clear but pending 485 (past the JIT dates) probably fall in this category.

Are you pure concurrent filer? If yes, I would be very suprised your 140 got approved. You were so lucky! But as you said, USCIS is unpredictable sometimes.

reval_wait said:
iamconfused,

Please read my post carefully, I just said that I am in the situation where my I-140 got cleared but 485 is pending due to name checks (and or other security clearances.)

Please do not generalize there is no hard policy on this expect some real cases that can be used to indicate what might be happening. Probably even based on the officer things could vary. You have case where you think it is held due to name checks (& both I-140 & 485 are pending).

I am a different situation where 140 went through though 485 is still pending due to security checks. I know many people in this situation in fact all who have I-140 clear but pending 485 (past the JIT dates) probably fall in this category.

You were so lucky!!!!

Man you call this lucky, firstly my process has been going on for 3.5 years not sure how long more to wait so I don't think this makes me lucky in any sense.

Secondly I come to these forums to share my info having green card or not is least of my priorities, yes I track the forums, would like to have it but getting it would not make me lucky or happy or anything of that sort...

To answer your question (since you seem to be so skeptical) search the forums there are enough pure concurrent or semi concurrent cases who fall in various categories(I-140 cleared pending 485, 140 cleared followed shortly by 485 cleared)

Also my application for 485 is pending but in my wife's 485 case (I think) she would have got her Green card had it not been for a RFE on her medical -missing TB vaccine. We responded and expect to see her case clear!

Hi All,
mine is non concurrent only 140 and got the following response from USCIS after enquiry:

"Your application is pending review and additional
system checks. You will be
notified by mail once a decision has been made.
Thank you."

dont know I dont have I-485, so dont think there would be name check for my case, looks like its about company only. Pl. advise me what can I do??

Thanks,
rb180

Hi All,
mine is non concurrent only 140 and got the following response from USCIS:

"Your application is pending review and additional
system checks. You will be
notified by mail once a decision has been made.
Thank you."

Pl. let me know what is this??

Thanks,
rb180
09/19/03

my lawyer saying
" First time, I got this kind of response, usually they say due to hig vloume pl. allow more time to process this kind of case"

Gurus if you knows following message means pl. let us know. Thank you

"Your application is pending review and additional system checks. You will be
notified by mail once a decision has been made.Thank you."

Thanks,
rb180

My inquiry resulted in the same message. My lawyer's explanation is the AOS related background check is not done yet. But this explanation obviously won't apply to your case because your 485 is not filed yet.

My lawyer said he will inquire again after 90 days. What's your lawyer's recommendation?

By the way, my LUD doesn't even bother to change after the inquiry response is back. Does your LUD change after the inquiry?

But either way, I guess we can only wait at this point. This sucks!

ycing,
what AOS related background check our I-485 not yet filed, so no AOS check.
also mine date is 09/19/03, so now its more than year but no news yet.
my LUD Changed after response.

whats ur RD?

Thanks,
rb180

rb180 and unp,

How is the status of you guys' 140? I got the same response message as yours for my inquiry last December. Since then I've been trying to find out whether this "additional system check" is about FBI name check but no result so far. Let me know if there is any update on your case.