Pending name checking in FBI,congressman refuse to help!Any advice??

april_qi

An inquiry of my Name Check associated with my Adjustment of Satus application(I-485 to GC) was send from CIS on 04/2002. It has been 3 more years since then and according CSI that there is no response from FBI as of today.
On 4/15/05, I sent my own name check inquiry to FBI and surprisingly, FBI responded in 9 days and said that there is no investigatory interest and criminal records match my name in their database.

I wrote to my congressman many times,explain my situation and my concern and ask him to help expedite my case,but all he've done is file inqury to FBI which the response is 'Name Check is Pending and being under processed' .
He refused to do anything further on my case and ask me to wait for patiently for the result from FBI.I really doubt my file was lost and don't wanna wait(have been waiting for over 3 years) anymore!

Does anyone have experience or advice on my case,thank you very much!

april_qi said:
An inquiry of my Name Check associated with my Adjustment of Satus application(I-485 to GC) was send from CIS on 04/2002. It has been 3 more years since then and according CSI that there is no response from FBI as of today.
On 4/15/05, I sent my own name check inquiry to FBI and surprisingly, FBI responded in 9 days and said that there is no investigatory interest and criminal records match my name in their database.

I wrote to my congressman many times,explain my situation and my concern and ask him to help expedite my case,but all he've done is file inqury to FBI which the response is 'Name Check is Pending and being under processed' .
He refused to do anything further on my case and ask me to wait for patiently for the result from FBI.I really doubt my file was lost and don't wanna wait(have been waiting for over 3 years) anymore!

Does anyone have experience or advice on my case,thank you very much!
Your congressman is right. There is nothing else you (or anybody else) can do when it comes to homeland security. I am not sure why some people get processed within 72 hours and others take for ever. You may want to write to Cheif Hardy at FBI. I doubt it will result in anything but atleast they will get familiar with your name and (maybe) look up your file on their obsolete computers.

By the way, whats your country of birth/citizenship and your age?

Good Luck!

Thank you Eric.Actually I have written to Hardy twice on May and June but no
response from FBI.I figure out my letter was not even delivered to his hand.
Very frustrated the only thing I can do is to wait,since I don't know how long
will I still waiting for.
I'm from China and 35.

How did you send your namecheck request for yourself?, I thought that only government agencies could request a namecheck, how did you do it?

ari4u said:
You can do it yourself. Its called FOIA/PA.

Look here...
Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act Information (FOIA/PA):
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm

and
http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/foia/request.htm
I found out from my congressman's office that your name will be in FOIPA only if you have a pending criminal investiagtion against you. Name check is different. I knew that FOIPA only has criminal investigation information, however, no one is willing to explain what the hell name check involves.

ITS FRUSTRATING!!!

ari4u, foipa is different from name check, someone in this forum received an actual clarification from the FBI, also if you send your Foipa request to USCIS then you will get only the information from USCIS not from FBI, Foipa is just the act.