Pending I140(EB1) relocating within same company OK?

namartlu

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I filed I140/I485 concurrently April 2003, I am in the EB1 (Outstanding researcher) category. My company wants to relocate me from MA to CA. The lawyer said I have to start over the greencard process right from the start, since my I140 has not been approved. My friend told me that I140 (EB1) is supposed to be not tied to a particular geographical location, and therefore I should be able to relocate without problems. Who is right on this? Thanks!

BR
- Namartlu

namartlu said:
Hi,

I filed I140/I485 concurrently April 2003, I am in the EB1 (Outstanding researcher) category. My company wants to relocate me from MA to CA. The lawyer said I have to start over the greencard process right from the start, since my I140 has not been approved.
------ your lawyer seem to be wrong I dont think he handle EB1 or orher I-140 correctly, becase GC is for future job, you are in MA or CA it does not matter your job has to be in OR , why you should start the GC again????? if your case is self sponsored then also NO problem

My friend told me that I140 (EB1) is supposed to be not tied to a particular geographical location, and therefore I should be able to relocate without problems. Who is right on this?
------ your friend is correct.
*** if you move just update the service center that on your pending I-485 your new address should be updated, so that you can get Fingerprinting notice at your new address, you have also to fill up form AR11

For example when person changes the address one need to do the below:
1 file form AR11 for address change
2 update NCSC on 18003755283, your new address, provide them your ,WAC,EAC or LIN # of I-485 and reciept # of any pending petitions with service center, provide the receipt#, your name, DOB, A#( A# is on I-485 filing reciept)
3 write letter to service center for address change on your I-485( if you have spouse I-485 pending He/she also need to change address on her/his I-485) or any pending petition with them provide your past and NEW address, attach I-485 receipt copy, write your name, DOB, A# on cover letter. Send the letter to your service center with certified return receipt and out side the envelope write in big bold letters ATTENTION: ADDRESS CHANGE on pending I-485 or (what ever application is pending)
*** do the all 1,2,3

Thanks!

BR
- Namartlu