Pending I-485. What would be the benefits of also applying for H1B Visa in parallel?

roberto75017

Hi,

My employer has file a green card application on my behalf. We now have a pending I-485 application and we are waiting for an interview to be scheduled.

In order to get more optionality in the future (for instance not having to maintain US residency, if for some reasons my circumstances changes in a few years), I would like to convince my employer also sponsor me for H1B lottery cap for this year.

Question for the forum is:

What arguments would the recommend me to put forward to my employer in order to convince my employer to sponsor me for H1B lottery (whilst having a pending Green Card I-485 application)?

Thanks in advance,

Big question if you are not retrogressed country like India or China your I-485 interview will be scheduled very soon and probably should be adjudicated soon. In that case it would be redundant to apply H-1B. Keep in mind you can file for H1B while pending I-485.
In case you choose to spend more time outside USA after permanent resident approves you can file Re-entry permits that is issued for 2 years or 1 year.