pending I-485 and divorce

kchoro

Registered Users (C)
We are been married for 3 years and my wife just came out of the closet telling me she is lesbian and refused to go to counseling, now there is really nothing I can do I love her and I really want to work things out. Now my question is what can i do if we get the divorce? can i still get my permanent green card? I got married in good faith and is not my foul she is lesbian now, you know?. We file under the program DORA in Dallas,tx interview when ok but I'm stuck in name check
and still waiting until to date for green card. the interview was done 10/30/06. I got my EAD. what can i do?what will happened to me?
1.If we just separated do i have to let INS about it?
2.the marriage was in good faith but she turn lesbian, in the divorce papers can
we put that or how does it work?
3.She say she will wait for a couple months to get the divorce but she is scare that she can go to jail if she stay with me married until I get my papers.is it a felony?
4.Is there anything I can do to stay legal in this country if I loose my AOS?
thank you.

it's not a felony if she and you entered this marriage in a good faith. Collect as much evidence of joint life as possible.

Get an infopass and see what's going on with your case.

If you divorce before AOS is approved, you will be out of GC and illegally present.

IF she is good to you, she can try to stay married till you get a GC.

thanx

Do I have to let know USCIS that we are living apart for sometime?

I can't believe she is leaving me and on top of that I will loose my green card, dog, job.