pending I 485 and canadian GC stamping/landing process?

Popat Mama

Registered Users (C)
folks
i am waiting for my I 485 to be processed but looking at the delay for processing RFE responses for company name change issue, i am thinking of atleast utilising my pending canadian permanent residency permit. for this i would need to travel to canada to get the landed immiigrant status in canada. i wanted to know if someone can share the process for landing and getting passport stamped and returning to US for the pursuit of the pending I 485. i tried avoiding this situation but seems like INS is turning into a long drawn delay.
i am clearly frustrated but don\'t want to make any mistakes so need your esteemed help with this matter.
thanks
cheeers
popat

No Title

I was in a similar situation,drove to toronto got our passport stamped at the border ,he asked us for any goods to declare for customs,we told him it follows.it took just 35 minutes for them complete all process.
make sure you have valid h1 with multiple entry or you might get into problems when you renter US.it all depends on the officer,technically with canadian landed immigrant visa you can visit usa without a visitors visa.

No Title

mr iex
i did send you a private message requesting some more information if you can please check it and let me know if its possible for you to share some information. i wanted to know if one has to register the car in canada and the change of driver\'s licence or can one avoid all those hassles? did u just carry an inventory of things over ? i have to get my new multiple H1 stamp from Dept of state since i renewed my H1. please let me know
thanks
popat

No Title

You may have another option. Contact the Canadian consulate and tell them you can not go to Canada before the landing date on PR documents. Very likely they will tell you that you have to take another medical exam and pay some fees for re-issuing you a new visa. This may or may not work. But, it is worth a try. Since you are using Canadian PR as a backup, you may never have to use it.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Good luck.