Pending I-140's with MCA degrees

Hi Sonu,

Thanks for the reassuring words. I don't know what was the requirement in ETA forms (never saw them) but I do know they submitted an education evaluation equating MCA to MS from a US university.

I guess it shouldn't be a problem but having waited 4+ years for labor has made me a bit paranoid. BTW, did you file 140 in premium or was it regular?

Thanks

Hi 2002Calabor,

Don't worry a thing. My EB2 labor was approved in Jan 2007 from NSC using Premium Processing. Just make sure that you submit a education evaluation document that says your MCA is equivalent to MS from USA. Having said that, it also largely depends on what your LC is asking for, In my case the LC required MS or Forgein acad. equivalent.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Sonu_Aug_2002.

Eb3 I140 + substitution labor + 10 + 2+ B.sc(3yr) + M.C.A (3yr)

Gurus,

Subst Labor says: B.S or Equivalent
EXP: 2yrs as of XXXX

I have 2 yrs experience as of XXXX
and hold B.Sc(3yrs) degree from india & M.C.A(3yrs).

what are my chance of getting I140 cleared ? any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edu Evaluation says: Mine is equivalent to graduation from high school and
Masters in US.

what are my chances ? my lawyer is not sure about this .. he says chances are 50 - 50 Since my B.sc(3yrs) is not equivalent to B.S(4 yrs) ...

Please give some advise ..

Thanks in advance

Hi SVARMA,

Please scan through all the postings on this forum to locate a link which describes the standing of NSC w.r.t 3 year issue while adjucating the I140 case. I remember seeing Bachelor in Science (3Years) + Master (3years) is considered as Masters. Also it said that they would also see the content of the degree.
My I140 was approved at NSC in EB2 category through Premium Processing in Jan 2007. My LCA said MS or foreign acad equivalent + 3year experience. We got an evaluation done that essentially said MCA is equivalent to MS from an accredited institute in USA.

Hope this helps.

Good luck to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any issue with my Labor?

Hi Guys
Please give me your input.
My LC says 'BS in computer sc + 2 yr exp". It doesn't says any thing about 'or equivalent degree'.
I have B.Sc and MCA and 2 yr exp.
Will i get approval for I-140?
My attorney said there might be an issue since my LC does not says about equivalent degree and I have 3 years bachelors.

Has any one was in my boat and got I-140 approval?

Count me too......
I have Bsc + MCA. I140 pending since June'05. Moved files (I140-I485) from VSC to NSC.

Count me too...my degree is B.com + MCA ..Current Status EB2 I140 Pending...

PD: Feb 2005 -- EB2
Labor Approved: Mar 2007
I140 Applied: May 2007
Service Center: NSC