Pending I-140 - H1B Expiring .... :(

WannamyGC

Registered Users (C)
Folks , I do not know if someone is or was in the same situation , I need to shed some lights with you guys before getting into a deeper argument with my lawyer.

Here is the situation:
I am on the 8th year of H1b which will expire March 20th. My I-140 is pending , so my lawyer suggested that I should renew my H1B in case I do not get approved in the I-140 therefore I will be out of status.

My attorney is charging me top dollars to do my h1b case , I just want to save this money , since i have been scammed at least 2 times from previous lawyers. My wife, in the other hand, is telling me to wait because we will be approved soon , but i cannot count right now with her optimistic factor :) .

What would be the best solution in order to be secure with my status and not get charged again for a h1b renewal ??
I thought I would get rid of from this VISA but it is haunting me for many years...

Feel free to post your comments.

I know that I-140 may be approved anyday ... but you cannot risk going out of status. I would file for H-1B extension approximately 2 weeks from expiry.

I know that I-140 may be approved anyday ... but you cannot risk going out of status. I would file for H-1B extension approximately 2 weeks from expiry.

Thanks man , I will do that , I will have to go ahead and pay the top dollars for my extension. Hope one day this money comes back to me..

Can't you extend your stay here based on your Labor? I believe you can keep extending it every year since your labor is approved and if I-140 is approved you can extend it for 3 years

Can't you extend your stay here based on your Labor? I believe you can keep extending it every year since your labor is approved and if I-140 is approved you can extend it for 3 years

Yep , I am going today to the attorney office to renew my visa. They suggested me to do this , but I wanted to be safe and try to save my hard earned money. But it what it is ...have to pay top dollars to get this done....Will Keep you guys updated.