Pending H4 application

vinuharan

Hi,

Currently I'm in US and I applied for new H1B premium and got it apporved. Same time I appplied for my wife's H4 visa ( lawyer sent it a week later) and it is still pending approval with USCIS.

Given this, I would like to go back to India and get my stamping and my wifes' H4 visa stamping and come back by OCT.

Query:
1.Can I just abandon the current H4 visa status change and travel outside US and get the visa?
2. Will there be a problem or refusal US consulate due to the ealier application?

any thoughts on this welcome as I have to plan my travel.

thanks,
venkat

Currently I'm in US and I applied for new H1B premium and got it apporved. Same time I appplied for my wife's H4 visa ( lawyer sent it a week later) and it is still pending approval with USCIS.

Given this, I would like to go back to India and get my stamping and my wifes' H4 visa stamping and come back by OCT.

Query:
1.Can I just abandon the current H4 visa status change and travel outside US and get the visa?

---- There is absolutely no need to abondon the application for H4. If you have an appointment for H1 and H4 in India (any of the 4 US Consulates) you can go ahead for the visa stamping and get the visa stamp. The H4 approval when it comes will act as a valid document that will be with you.

2. Will there be a problem or refusal US consulate due to the ealier application?

---- There should not be any problems. What do you mean by earlier application (is it H1 tht you are referring to)

---- Most important is to take an appointment for yourself and your wife for H1 and H4 (We assume you have already done this)

Subramanya

vinuharan said:
Hi,

Currently I'm in US
------on what status you came to US??
and I applied for new H1B premium and got it apporved. Same time I appplied for my wife's H4 visa ( lawyer sent it a week later) and it is still pending approval with USCIS.

Query:
----nothing to abandon go out of the US and get H1 H4 visa stamp ( keep the H4 filing reciept with you and make the copy of I-94(front and back) for your future records.
-------------- not because of filing H4 with USCIS. you did not post your details, how did you came to US on what status, if her H4 was filed Before her I-94 expiry date . is her I-94 still valid that she got when entred US. always provide details. nobody can guess your status when you entred US if you dont provide info.

thanks,
venkat