Pending h1b 221g case in London, can i reapply in New Delhi?

anilkumar_uk

Registered Users (C)
I had my h1b visa interview back in sept 2004 but was given 221g.....since then i tried contacting DOS, london us embassy several times but both says its still pending and they dont know how long it will take........

Since h1b petition is valid for 3 years and out of those 3 years I almost lost my 1 year bcose of this 221g......if they give me visa now, will it be valid for remaining 2 years only??

can i reapply again from new delhi if i manage to get documents from employer and UCIS???? Despite my case is pending in london????

Experts please reply, this has been torturing waiting period for me :( :mad:

gurus pls reply

gurus and experts please reply, is it possible for me to reapply from new delhi even though i got pending 221g case in london?

Anil

as far as I know, you cannot and more importantly you 'should' not since they already have your file open. I had a similar situation in Delhi and waited it out.

anilkumar_uk said:
I had my h1b visa interview back in sept 2004 but was given 221g.....since then i tried contacting DOS, london us embassy several times but both says its still pending and they dont know how long it will take........

Since h1b petition is valid for 3 years and out of those 3 years I almost lost my 1 year bcose of this 221g......if they give me visa now, will it be valid for remaining 2 years only??

can i reapply again from new delhi if i manage to get documents from employer and UCIS???? Despite my case is pending in london????

Experts please reply, this has been torturing waiting period for me :( :mad:
Your 6 year H1B "clock" does not start until you actually land in the US.
So you won't waste that one year -- even though your visa would be stamped only for the remaining 2 years. You can still get H1 extensions for 4 more years.

thanks

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

I get to know about this case, where somebody applied for h1b visa but got 221g from London. While he was waiting for response from London’s US consulate, he again applied from Chennai and for his surprise he got the VISA. How amazing is that?

Can someone throw light on this, how actually he managed to get visa from different consulate even though same case was pending in London?

It seems Miracles do happens and am hoping for one in my case too. :)

Anil

Anil: I hope that does not haunt the guy later..if at all the next embassy finds out. The fact that the system might getting central (if it currently is not), is the only reason people do not apply at two places..if one does not work. Who knows what the truth is...cheers to the person who got it though!

I called DOS yesterday, Lady said "your case is with London consulate only, and they haven’t asked us to do anything on your case. Only London consulate people can provide you information what’s going on with your case. We got no update information on your case, contact them"...

It seems London consulate haven’t done anything regarding my case and it’s already been 11 months now.... normally in case of 221g, local consulate contact DOS for name check, FBI check or finger printing. Nothing such kind of action is taken in my case. I wonder what they doing.....

Can I withdraw my visa application from London all together and reapply from India from scratch? Will this be a sensible thing to do? Please advice....many thanks for your help guys

Anil

I called DOS yesterday, Lady said "your case is with London consulate only, and they haven’t asked us to do anything on your case. Only London consulate people can provide you information what’s going on with your case. We got no update information on your case, contact them"...

It seems London consulate haven’t done anything regarding my case and it’s already been 11 months now.... normally in case of 221g, local consulate contact DOS for name check, FBI check or finger printing. Nothing such kind of action is taken in my case. I wonder what they doing.....

Can I withdraw my visa application from London all together and reapply from India from scratch? Will this be a sensible thing to do? Please advice....many thanks for your help guys

Anil

Hi Anil,

Coulld you pleaase let know what happened in your case ? I am in similar situation. It has been 1.5 months , i dont even see my batch number in 221 g form present.